+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: <<Fullsize servo>>

...Sounds HUMOUNGOUS!!! And the ONLY reason I made THIS post is so that I could use HUMOUNGOUS because HUMOUNGOUS isnt one of those words that you can often use properly

...Maybe we SHOULD make a H8 around a 550 motor, a monster servo and a IB 4200 battery

Hawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BitHed
    ...Sounds HUMOUNGOUS!!! And the ONLY reason I made THIS post is so that I could use HUMOUNGOUS because HUMOUNGOUS isnt one of those words that you can often use properly

...Maybe we SHOULD make a H8 around a 550 motor, a monster servo and a IB 4200 battery
    Bit, it is even bigger than that, it is Ginormuous!

Why not a kickstart shovel head 74.cu in. harley motor punched out to 100inches, no baffle shotgun headers and a 6speed baker right side drive with 250mm rear tire. Dual disk brakes, Brembo of course.
    Last edited by Hawk; 02-06-2006 at 09:44 PM.

leapingbug Guest

well i will try it out i know its big its a full size servo but not bigger then the normal ones. Im thinking i switch around the diff to relocate the motor and mount to servo and batt on the other side and it would be rather even.
    (Ill try it out as long as i dont hafta do any permanint adjustments to the esc and ill post it)Ill be getting the futaba digi servo as well just incase ya know

leapingbug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    Use opto-isolated esc, add a 2cell LiPo just for the servo/receiver. 7.2v, plenty of amps and lasts forever. I use a 2cell lipo in my MP777 for receiver bat. 1200mah is very small and it stays at 7.2v for a long time.
    To isolate the receiver from the esc, don't turn on the switch on the esc, put the batt. to a switch that plugs into the receiver (3rd ch). Ta Da!
    All the switch on the esc does is control the bec to provide voltage to the receiver (and then the servo).

Bit, Those specs are in line with the hot digital servos used for Steering in 1/8 nitro buggys. They draw big amps too.

What is opto-isolated esc

Hawk Guest

Bugster, It sounds kewl. If you have something you want to do go for it. Bity and I are just having some fun with each other. You are not the only one to want a full size servo. Give it a shot and let us know what happens.

I like the way so many people have so many ways of doing things and it all comes out on this board. Nobody has the best way, only their way. Enjoy.

bermbuster Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    I like the way so many people have so many ways of doing things and it all comes out on this board. Nobody has the best way, only their way. Enjoy.
    Very true....I also noticed 3 sides to every story....your side.....my side....and the truth.....

The guys who post here are the best........

Bill Killillay Guest

Default Futaba S3102

Anybody try one of these?

SPECS:
    Speed: 0.25 sec/60 deg @ 4.8V - .20 sec/60 deg @ 6V
    Torque:
    51 oz-in @ 4.8V - 64 oz-in @ 6V
    3.7 kg-cm @ 4.8V - 4.6 kg-cm @ 6V
    Length: 1.1" (28mm)
    Width: 0.5" (13mm)
    Height: 1.2" (30mm)
    Weight: 0.7 oz (21g)

Seems like it would be plenty strong, and fast, and not so heavy...

BK

Pullstarter Guest

yes i use one in my rc18t, its immenseley strong, very accurate and has huge amounts of torque, no centring problems with these at all. Only drawback is its speed but if you're ike me it doesnt matter that much.

jjonas Guest

can i put in my s3003 servo in it?? how should i do???

benz19 Guest

Ive just put a Futaba 9252 digital servo in my Pitbull ST,awsumepower steering now!!!

Benz

+ Reply to Thread