+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: <<Fullsize servo>>

Thomas P Guest

Default <<Fullsize servo>>

crymynal Guest

Looks fairly good. Can you describe some of the things you did? Pics are ok but some of us need words to.
    Looks like you trimmed the H8 mounts and the servo tabs. Is that true? If so then how is the servo being held in place?

How well does your mod work?

Something to think about is current draw. How much faster will this mod drain the battery?

Thomas P Guest

HEhe, il give it a try(bad enlish)

Remove old servo( yepp thats right )
    Use a spare Servou mount, ( if you are not happy so you can change back to the old servo)
    Dremel al the way to the "pins were you mount screws"
    Use the new fullsize servo so you can st that yore not dremlin to much
    Dremel@hight just leave a 0.1 mm or more smaller than servo height)so you have a lttle gap from servo mount to chassi
    Remove servo tabs( i did cuz i used this servo in my MRX)
    It wont move a inch, if you havenot dremel to much on the hight in the mount, when you atached the servo in mount, and screw it in the chassi, pressure vill hold servo in place
    Linkage you have to minimize,and maybe dremel at ballend cup.

WeatherB Guest

Looks heavy though... The H8 is already too heavy to begin with.

mrfixitt Guest

I did that last night to mine-I just used a basic servo though-alot lighter
    I doubt that a 1/16 will strip plastic gears plus servo saver is set kinda loose, tightened it up a bit too

I just used an Airtronics 94102

plain_simple Guest

well well well it seems to me that the spare servo i had from an old 1/10 nitro car is gona go back to business

EphiDelt490 Guest

Yaeh man, that looks good!

...LOOK OUT BOYS!! HERE COME THE EUROPEANS!! Man you guys just think so far out of the box there IS no box...Great work!! I ike it...I look forward to hearing other users comments on this...Thanks for all the pics and words and dont worry about your English Thomas...I am an English teacher in Japan and my kids have TERRIBLE English!!

crymynal Guest

That's not nice Sensei Bit.

Thanks Thomas!! Your English is fine. Especially for people like me and Bit who struggle every day trying to understand Jenglish (Japanese+English).

I may just give this a try. I don't think the weight will be much of a difference (your adding weight to the servo but your taking away weight on the mounting), the performance will be better, but I am worried about the amp draw that will hurt run times.

Thomas P Guest

Thanx for all warm words ...About the weight, yes itīs a little bit more heavy than a HS85, but it do not effect the speed, or controll of the car.

Next goal is to find a faster servo, this is just little bit faster than HS85-MG, but 4times stronger..and do we need that ...?

+ Reply to Thread