+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question on the Atomic slipper clutch pads.

46u Guest

Default Question on the Atomic slipper clutch pads.

I have question on the Atomic slipper clutch pads do I take out the metal washer and install one of the pads or do I use both pads with one on each side of the washer?

46u Guest

I went ahead and put them in with the washer and a pad on each side. They work real well. Has any one had any drive train damage from having the slipper locked all the way down? I know on my nitro trucks it sure can hurt the drive train locked down.

TiNTiN Guest

I think U should install the stuffs this way:

Bigger Gear>ONE piece of the pads>Smaller gear

the another one is for spare if U wear the pad

46u Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TiNTiN

Are you guessing or did you see this somewhere or are you running them? All my nitro vehicles have a metal washer and the pad is glued to the plastic spur so they only run one pad. I have them in like I said above and with what little I have run it so far works great.
    Thanks

wartown Guest

Yes!! i have stripped the drive gear in my rear diff. i replaced all the rear gears and last week i stripped the cup that goes on the drive gear.

46u Guest

I just received a reply to my email from Atomic and you where correct and I was wrong. You only use one and take the steel washer out. Keep the other for a spare. I do not think right now I am going to take the whole thing apart, as mine seems to be working fine. I can tighten all the way down no slip then I can back off just a little and it works just like it should. Has any one else had problems with it locked all the way down?
    Thanks all for your input.

TiNTiN Guest

I was told about this in a local course ( and the ONLY one here in HK )
    Seems the ppl there know much about ATM

I saw the guys there adjusting the slipper gear in a violent way:

Put the car on the floor and press the car on top, all the way down, the chasis should be flat on the floor. And the tires shuld be gripping the floor.
    Give throttle and see if the slipper is "slipping" or not, adjust the spring until the motor could spinning the bigger gear slowly in full throttle.

NOTE: do not throttle to long otherwise U will kill the {fill in the name of any parts here}...... I just throttle in very very short time that I can just see the slipper is operating or not.

46u Guest

I was told about this in a local course ( and the ONLY one here in HK )
    Seems the ppl there know much about ATM

I saw the guys there adjusting the slipper gear in a violent way:

Put the car on the floor and press the car on top, all the way down, the chasis should be flat on the floor. And the tires shuld be gripping the floor.
    Give throttle and see if the slipper is "slipping" or not, adjust the spring until the motor could spinning the bigger gear slowly in full throttle.

NOTE: do not throttle to long otherwise U will kill the {fill in the name of any parts here}...... I just throttle in very very short time that I can just see the slipper is operating or not.
    They call it a RX unit. The pads make the slipper work like it should. Yes I have read the other threads where people rough up the metal washer but I would be afraid if I let it slip a little like it should to help keep from messing up the drive train it would eat up the face of the gears.

Right now I sill have them in like I describe above and I can either let it slip a little or lock it down and no slippage. So as long as it works I do not think I am going to take the whole thing back apart at this time
    Thanks for all the input.

+ Reply to Thread