+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Ronny's Corner

Ronny Guest

Hi guys :)

Funny that I out of the blue got a "Mini-Ronny's corner" here, lol, funny stuff :p Well, I think that is very cool, and I look forward to get to know you guys.

Btw, Jonte, of course I remember you, Mr.Sweden. I'm not familiar with the BL line of motors. I have only tried the Mamba 6800 shortly, and the Mini AC 1215/12. Sorry, but regarding what's available out there of stuff for the H8, you all know the same as me, if not more, lol..

Anyway, I - as surly many of you are drooling over the sweet line of options 3Racing are making. I am eagerly awaiting to test out the steering knuckles to see if they will give me a steady camber, or if they will be sloppy also. From what I have seen from the other stuff they have made so far, it looks very promising indeed..

As I have mentioned earlier, I wrote 3Racing a mail, suggesting ball-diffs and such - but for some reason I haven't heard from them at all :confused: They probably have a lot to do..

I tried a grease from Tamiya today. It's called AW grease (Anti-Wear), and it's sticky as ****. Suddenly my center-diff felt like it had 7000K oil if you would compare to a 1/8. I tested it out just an hour ago, and the test result was 50/50.The car shot off with ALL four's spinning this time :D The car was A LOT more dialed beliv it or not,... BUT only for 3 minutes or so :rolleyes: :( Then the grease have flowen off, and the diff and the handeling returned to the std feeling.

WE NEED BALL-DIFFS!

Ronny Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BitHed
    ...Ronny you mean that you are at 884 grams with batteries and body and everything? Ok thats what i thought you meant
    BitHed

Right on the money Btw, what's the odds for you hooking me up with some of the stock tires?? I ordered them here, but it's not coming..
    As you may know, I live in Norway - so maybe shipping-costs would be a issue? Anyway, I'll try too get a video going. The plan, as my H8 looks EXACTLY like my Mugen Prospec, we thought it might be funny to film the two of them battle on a race-track. The H8 can certaily keep up with it:-)

TTYL

Ronny Guest

Guys! I have a tip for you that you'll probably love. Tired of sloppy steering-knuckles?? Do this, and you will have rock-stable hubs without ANY slop whatsoeva

You will need to buy Kyosho's W0146 3.mm Flat-head Washers! These are the countersunken washers that is used on the 7.5, 777 etc. They are Blue washers that are meant for use with countersunken screws.

Press a washer down where the std plastic bushing/washer is in the hole of the 20 & 22 degree uprights are. Press them hard into place, as they are a perfect fit. Then just screw the assambly togheter with the stock screws. Do check that the steering-knuckles can swing without resistant at all, but tighten the screws so that it just a hint from going tight

Do this guys, and your camber stays put, and you will have a rock-stable front..

TTYL

vindictor67 Guest

Thanks for the Info. Are they almost the same thing as 3racings kingpins?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...976912380&rd=1

...Ronny's been a busy boy...

...RE: TAMIYA Anti-Wear...I have been using it since day one, well day 3 actually because i started off with TAMIYA Titanium Grease but itwas too thin..The AW Grease is very good but it DOES tend to fly off...Apply it liberally to your front and rear diffs with your finger or a cotton bud / Q-tip...Make sure to get all your nooks and crannies...It IS pretty sticky...Smells like vanilla a little bit but it sure doesnt TASTE like vanillla Pop your diffs back in and enjoy the ride...Repeat as necessary...I would bother with your center diff because it will just make a mess...apply to the center as THINLY as possible...You will still get good results...It might fog up your gear cover though...

*A little dab on EACH end of your front / rear dogbones is nice too...

...RE: Washers / spacers...I have to disagree with Ronny on this one...I have been testing these washers, or ones LIKE them, too...Alloy with flat bottoms, coned bottoms, 'stepped' bottoms like stock and eventually they ALL come out...its not the washer thats the trouble...Its the screw and the plastic...Not enough screw goes INTO the plastic to hold it AND the plastic is too soft anyway...I am now working on BIG short screw...A FAT alloy one with a NASTY self-tapping (makes its own hole) thread on it...The LHS cant help me any more and I am now in the screw section of the hardware store

...Ronny BL stands for brushless, that confused me for ages too Stock tires to Norway? No problem...

...Hey Ronny do me a favour and weigh yourself WITHOUT a battery pack and the body, chassis and wing only...You better than 655 grams?

Ronny Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BitHed
    ...Ronny's been a busy boy...

...RE: TAMIYA Anti-Wear...I have been using it since day one, well day 3 actually because i started off with TAMIYA Titanium Grease but itwas too thin..The AW Grease is very good but it DOES tend to fly off...Apply it liberally to your front and rear diffs with your finger or a cotton bud / Q-tip...Make sure to get all your nooks and crannies...It IS pretty sticky...Smells like vanilla a little bit but it sure doesnt TASTE like vanillla ;) Pop your diffs back in and enjoy the ride...Repeat as necessary...I would bother with your center diff because it will just make a mess...apply to the center as THINLY as possible...You will still get good results...It might fog up your gear cover though...

*A little dab on EACH end of your front / rear dogbones is nice too...

...RE: Washers / spacers...I have to disagree with Ronny on this one...I have been testing these washers, or ones LIKE them, too...Alloy with flat bottoms, coned bottoms, 'stepped' bottoms like stock and eventually they ALL come out...its not the washer thats the trouble...Its the screw and the plastic...Not enough screw goes INTO the plastic to hold it AND the plastic is too soft anyway...I am now working on BIG short screw...A FAT alloy one with a NASTY self-tapping (makes its own hole) thread on it...The LHS cant help me any more and I am now in the screw section of the hardware store :D

...Ronny BL stands for brushless, that confused me for ages too ;) Stock tires to Norway? No problem...

...Hey Ronny do me a favour and weigh yourself WITHOUT a battery pack and the body, chassis and wing only...You better than 655 grams? ;)

BitHed:-)

You are absolutly correct regarding that the issue of stripped knuckles will probably still accure, but my modification had nothing to do with that. I haven't had a prob with them stripping in the treads. I wanted to get the "side 2 side" slopp away, so that the camber & toe-in stayed constant. Now they do for sure. This works BitHed, but nothing to do with screw-treads, just constant geomitry for well handling.

Oooops, I feel like a DORK, lol.. BL, OF COURSE, ha ha ha :rolleyes: :o :rolleyes:

Ronny Guest

Guess the weight of my car???????????? 666 .grams without batteries & body!
    how do we do with the tires? Card?

Thanks BitHed, I appriciate that

Ronny Guest

Quote Originally Posted by vindictor67
    Thanks for the Info. Are they almost the same thing as 3racings kingpins?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...976912380&rd=1
    Hi:-)

I ASSUME that the ones from 3Racing has the exact same measurments as the std plastic ones! This would mean that they will have the same "side 2 side" slop. I am going to use the ones from Kyosho cause the slop goes 100% away,. and I'll use the steering-knuckles from 3Racing along with them to make up a combo of a super precise, and super durable assambly

Hope this helps you

...ronny understood The washers GREATLY improve the handling...I have never liked plastic on plastic...its just REALLY annoying when they get stripped too I have been using red aloy ones from a third-party here...I have a thing for red...

...BTW i was goofing this morning with some spacers and screws and bearings and i think i might be able to get a bearing in the HUB to further empower the knuckle...

...PayPal is better...But i will mail you with a proposition...

...666? Aw dood you GOTTA change that...Thats the Devil's Car !! lol...

Ronny Guest

...666? Aw dood you GOTTA change that...Thats the Devil's Car !! lol...

He-he, 666. I KNOW man, I'm bad, grrrr

+ Reply to Thread