+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good motor?

46u Guest

Default Good motor?

I have my half 8 on the way along with bearings, oil shocks and a rear carbon fiber shock mount. I like carbon fiber. The next thing I will get is a good 8-cell saddle battery pack and a better servo as well as more carbon fiber.

Then I will want to get a good motor, which I am sure I will have to get a better ESC and a receiver. I do not need the fastest motor but I want more then stock. What I want is a good torque motor that does not get overly hot. I will be running mostly on grass.

I do not know if this will fit but has anyone had any dealings with a Pro PK 370? I have one in my HPI micro RS4.

mOOsE Guest

That motor will be too small. See the motor comparisons in the motor section for the best selection.
    http://www.halfeight.com/forums/showthread.php?t=682

46u Guest

So the motors in the half 8 are size 400? Do you have any recommendations for my needs on a motor? I read that thread but not sure it addressed my question manly about torque. Correct me is I am wrong. All so do you have a link on the Rocket 400? With these motors I a presuming I will have to change the stock electrics?
    Thanks!

mOOsE Guest

nope, no need to change anything. all the fast 400 motors will get hot. I don't think there will be a better-than-stock motor that is cooler than running stock. Go with the rocket because its cheap, and doesn't get into calvin temps like the 400 4.8 graupner....and if it does fry, you are out 9 bucks lol

...Moose is our resident brushed expert...I can back up what he says...Motors are expendable items...they are like soap and toilet paper...And taking that into consideration you want the best value for money..and that is the rocket...PLUS you DONT have to swap electronics Best on ALL accounts...When you graduate from that motor you WILL want the AON

46u Guest

Does some one have a link?
    Thanks
    Jeff

mOOsE Guest

46u Guest

Thanks! But you say the X speed is faster?

mOOsE Guest

no, xspeed is not. The fastest of the group is the Graupner Speed 400 4.8 volt. It will have the most power and torque of the bunch but gets hot enough to melt the epoxy inside the motor. If you run 8 cells, I would stick with the Rocket...but if you go 6 then the 4.8 is what you want

46u Guest

Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread