+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: Alloy Center Diffs

Default UPDATED: Alloy Center Diffs

...After GPM went in the super-chunky direction with their version...

...and ATOMIC took the smooth techno feel...

...the 3RACING version is looking REALLY skinny...I wonder about the inherent possible flex of a low-profile unit like this one...

...In fact looking at the 3RACING version i wonder if you can even still use the gear cover? and isnt it missing a couple of points to secure it? I noticed the ATOMIC unit DOESNT have the lower attachement for the front torque arm...(I run mine up top anyway ) but the 3RACING unit is missing all sorts of bits isnt it? PLUS it would help if they photographed it properly...DUH!!

GraphicArtist Guest

Looks like 3 Racing took too much off. The Atomik one looks like it's adjustable!

...graphic mate i think you are right...Good work picking up on that...I didnt get it at all...wow that might be quite interesting...Pain in the bum having ANOTHER adjustment though..lol..

TiNTiN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BitHed
    ........I noticed the ATOMIC unit DOESNT have the lower attachement for the front torque arm...
    ATM released a SSG plate set that includes the longer torque arm for mounting on top, I think that's why the unit has no place for the arm.

..thats exactly right TinTin And their center diff is a litle tight on the slipper which would explain why they ALSO released what looks like an adjustable cenetr gear box...tricky fellows these ATOMICites...

GraphicArtist Guest

Perhaps Atomic is thinking of offering different size slipper gears so we can easily play with the gearing? I'm liking that idea.

Default Update: 3racing Center Bulk / Hub

...well here it is kids...the 3RACING center gearbox in all its low-profile beauty...

...it fits great and actaully makes my stock center diff run better...I have ATOMIC diffs in the front and rear...This unit underwent the bleach treatment and hasnt been polished yet which is why it loooks yuk..It was originally blue...

...I have more pics but they are stuck in my phone for the moment...

...the diff is quite open, even when covered with the cover so that is a slight worry...but there is no flex...kinda weird because there are NO screws holding the two side walls together...it bolts to the floor with four screws in the bottom and one lower attachment for a pillow ball on the floor...The post off to the right fits nicely under the top plate...I dont use the stock top plate which is why it looks that open...

...Works great though...More info as i thrash it a bit...I will take it to Mt. Fuji next weekend and see what happens...

...Just in case you are wondering i prefer this unit to the ATOMIC unit...i still need to do a review of the ATOMIC one but basically it was a headache for me...The 3RACING was SO easy and simple and straightforward and the results were INSTANT!!! I am sorry i ever doubted this unit...I love it now

BLACKHAWK444 Guest

Nice....I like it. I wish they would make a new slipper....

SteinR Guest

Hi Bit,

Atomic just released 2 sets of slipper gears for you to try with the adjustable Atomic center unit

They also realeased som other bits&pieces which are not blue, since they are made of titanium....

Stein

plain_simple Guest

I like that center bulk hub
    Can you still use the gear cover with it?!
    Last edited by plain_simple; 09-21-2005 at 05:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread