+ Reply to Thread

Thread: best brushed motor

kory Guest

Default best brushed motor

im on a low budget. what do you think the best brushed motor is for all around use. also what are some other good upgrades. total should be around $100.

kory

JuJuB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kory
    im on a low budget. what do you think the best brushed motor is for all around use. also what are some other good upgrades. total should be around $100.

kory
    I have a six cell batery pack wich I love, but the are 7 and 8 cell packs available. For the brushed motors.... the graumpner speed 400 is good and is fast and cheap, but you should only run it w/ no higher than 6 cells cuz it'll get too hot. There's also the rocket 400 motor wich is a little slower than the speed 400, but it runs cooler so it can take 8 cells.

As for the other hop-ups....get some ball bearings for the wheels, get oil shocks, and grease your differentials (use some Associated stealth diff lube). Futaba MC230CR is a very good reciver and the Novak XXL AM reciver is good too. I'm gonna get The HPI Pirelli tires part #4467 cuz they ar e good for all surfaces. There's also aluminum and graphite shock towers. The HS-MG85 servo is AWSOME.

If I were u I'd just get the shocks, battery pack, grease for the diffs, and bearings to start out. And the motor if you have enough money left. Search around this site and you'll probably find what u want to know in another forum.

+ Reply to Thread