+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Finally I got some hop-ups, too

janniz Guest

Wink Finally I got some hop-ups, too

I have been running my HalfEight for a some weeks nearly without any hop-ups. I just installed bearings, oil-shocks, a brushless motor and made some battery-packs - and the car really was a lot of fun!

Now after everybody keeps showing all that bling-bling pictures I couldn't resist and orderd some parts, too. I thought it would be a good idea to clean the car before I install the new parts - damn, this little thing has more parts than I thougt it has:

Since I don't have a manual it was quite a bit stupid to take it apart completly, but finally I managed to rebuild it.

So this is my new ride... but after all, I'm not quite sure if all of the new parts are really useful - and so far, none of the original parts broke so there was no need to replace them. I could not run the "new" HalfEight on the track yet because it's been raining for days. Maybe I will replace some of the new parts with the stock parts after I tested how it handles now - time will tell...
    Last edited by janniz; 08-11-2005 at 12:33 PM.

navydochalf8 Guest

great lookin ride you got there. what BL motor are you runnin? also the cleaning is a must man, its like takin a S#!t showering and gettin some they all clean ya up and get the junk out.

Mini-Devil Guest

Nice and clean! Your H8 looks really tidy!

I couldn't help noticing you have a nice little heatsink on top of your ESC. Where did you find it? My Mamba 25 ESC tends to heat so that would be a nice addition to it.

holy_inferno Guest

Nice Mini Inferno!...great clean up job, without the wing, I'd thought that Mini Inferno hasn't even been run yet.

janniz Guest

I couldn't help noticing you have a nice little heatsink on top of your ESC. Where did you find it?
    They are actually made for cooling the computers RAM - most PC-hardware shops should have those, about 5,- Euro for a set of eight.

without the wing, I'd thought that Mini Inferno hasn't even been run yet
    You should see the body and the old set of wheels

+ Reply to Thread