+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Somebody's got to post something.....

TNB Guest

Well some RCs do sit more than others. Just last weekend when I was at the nitro track while they were getting ready to begin work on this weeks race layout, the guys next door at the 1/4 scale track gave me a bad time about not running my 1/4 scale (or my 1/5 scale). Soon I said, but as I told them I was not in a hurry as long as I have use of the warehouse.

The next day I did go run my Xray M18 and Tamiya F1 at a different track. Of course, I ran a few Zs a couple of days ago and will probably run them tonight. The thing is that I can run RCs at the local tracks during the weekends, and run the Zs at night as long as I have use of the warehouse.

The funny thing is that one guy asked me to bring all my Zs to Rialto--my reply, "Although I just purchased a new SUV and have more room to haul stuff, I don't think you realize just how many Zs I own." Consequently, I may take a few extra Zs since I should be getting a Whoa Nelly there and will be racing a few classes, but most of the RCs are staying at home.

Edit: Proof reading, what's that? Typos, where? Oops.
    Last edited by TNB; 03-25-2005 at 05:14 PM.

...TNB are you getting a MinFerno then? Another one for the stable?

...1:4? Dood thats almost a 1:1 Japanese economy car...The thing must be huge!! TNB whats up with the warehouse? is it free? condemned? Full of Zombies or what? Sounds like a GREAT place for a MinFerno dedicated track

ruknd Guest

1:4 jsut looks cool...real hydrolic discs at every wheel...blistering speeds...REAL GAS...not even aware of a track on the east coast.

TNB Guest

BitHed,
    Although I don't really need one and really don't know why, I do plan to get a Half8. I just wish it was already in kit form. Regarding the warehouse, currently I have free use of a warehouse and that is where I have my RCP Track set up. A few photos are shown in my avatar, a few more on my website, and a lot more photos are in Gallery TNB. I have also attached an older photo of the 1/4 scale, the blue one near the dremel is a 1/5 scale, and you can probably pretty much guess the type and size of the other RCs.

ruknd,
    It depends on which options you get. A full race F1 can get pretty darn expensive though--I've came close to purchasing one so many times. And when I finally decided to take the plunge, the distributor was not at one of the conventions (saved a few bucks there). However, I can probably get one at dealer cost right now since I hooked someone up with FG or at least so I was told bu the dealer). There is just very few places to run such large scale cars and the freaking tires are more than some full size tires.
    Attached Images  

BLACKHAWK444 Guest

Woa, what is Mazda's problem? I don't mean to make people angry....That is quite a fleet there TNB!

ruknd Guest

concealing the z's TNB ....yeah there seems to be a price premium for the 1/4 realism. There is NOWHERE here to run them and I've larned the better the playground the more fun you have. I forgot my digicam this friday but nexweekend I'll meracing fridaya nd sunday so I shoudl remember then...and if we get 5 or 6 1/2 8s they will set a class up....but they are always OK for practice

TNB Guest

While at the Silver State race today, I was speaking with a few people regarding the 1/4 scale race in 2 weeks. One of racers had three 1/4 scales and two Outlaw cars in his trailer. Of course, there was the television and so on. Next door it was Atsushi Hara and down the road some other pro drivers. Anyway, here is one photo that I took at today's race.
    Attached Images  

TNB Guest

Here is a photo of one of the local buggies floating through the air.
    Attached Images  

Icey.Apple Guest

d*mn those 1/8th scale buggy's are sweet.... makes me wanna buy a 1/8 AND a 1/16 buggy (if I could affort it )

Grtz

TNB Guest

The buggies and these newer MTs can get quite expensive real fast. I was informed that tires on Atushi Hara's MT were $160 USD for a set of four. Although that's almost as much as 1/4 scale tires, they must have been worth it to him (or his sponsers) since Hara won the A Main in that class. I did learn a new way to mount tires watching him.

+ Reply to Thread