+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Still Slipping...

Default Still Slipping...

...i am upset...I lubed and de-lubed...I have put bearings IN the diffs and then taken them out...

...AON 4900 and 6cells...full gas from a dead start and the slipper is slipping against the BIG gear...I have done everything to make it connect right from the get go...What am i doing wrong? What have i missed?

...I have honestly done everything I can think of...Einstein said that we needed to be at a higher level of understanding in order to fix the problem...At least thats what he said when i called him this morning...I have run out of knowledge...Help me out fellas...I just want to GO from the GET GO

mOOsE Guest

I know you don't like the weight but you could put the atomic gears in, the metal to metal contact shouldn't slip anymore.
    only other thing is to maybe drill a hole straight through the slipper disk into the plastic and pin it with something.

...Atomic gears are in They went in last night...8 grams VS 1 gram for stock...Feel good though...they are cast not billet...nice fit..fixes a little play / slack...

...its weird though Moosey...The aon spins, the slipper spins but SOMEHOW the center diff is NOT transferring DIRECT energy to the front and rear diffs...WHY? I just cant figure it out...

mOOsE Guest

did you check the outdrives again? Or did you make sure the pins did not fall of the slipper shaft?

jatetu Guest

Bit, i too have installed the metal gears and the atomic's slipper pad. No slipping. The question is that before, with stock gear doesn't slip too

OneTimeCRX Guest

This is just a wild guess, but maybe the pinion gear (the gear that's mounted on the motor) is slipping on its axle? Perhaps check that the grub screw is on tight?

Quote Originally Posted by BitHed
    ...i am upset...I lubed and de-lubed...I have put bearings IN the diffs and then taken them out...

...AON 4900 and 6cells...full gas from a dead start and the slipper is slipping against the BIG gear...I have done everything to make it connect right from the get go...What am i doing wrong? What have i missed?

...I have honestly done everything I can think of...Einstein said that we needed to be at a higher level of understanding in order to fix the problem...At least thats what he said when i called him this morning...I have run out of knowledge...Help me out fellas...I just want to GO from the GET GO
    I hear ya BH, I thought I had everything working great, then last night, I was testing the Mamba's top speed on the newly-laid asphalt in our sub. All of a sudden, massive power loss - turns out the slipper totally loosened itself. Took it all apart to re-scuff and get a good wrench around the slipper's nut, didn't get a chance to reinstall it last night, but I'll be frustrated if this keeps happening - let us know what you figure out!

...i need to confirm this for y'all...

...motor spins...
    ...slipper spins...SLIPPER IS NOT SLIPPING...its locked forever and ever...
    ...MAIN GEAR spins...
    ...front and rear drive cups do NOT SPIN with even the slightest of lightest barriers...It was weird...

...So what i figured out was...Obviously BETWEEN the large MAIN gear and the drive cups / gears, was the SPIDER gears...the four little coned gears...

...it was these that were the problem...So i glued them all together; main gear and four spider gears...creating one unit...still yet to try it once all installed...roling along the floor and in the hand etc its NOISIER for sure but everything spins ok...enter diff is a little 'grainy' now but its all good...Testing still to come...But right now at this stage i have an essentially 'locked' center diff...Interesting...

acsubie Guest

bit, have you checked the diff pinion?gear connected to outdrive which links it to center diff?? i had sorta the same problem as you and it turned out the diff pinion was el stripo

...i had previously done one but it was good this time...It was all weird...everything was fully 'toothed', it was all spinning...i had delubed...I even took ALL the loob off the 'axle/post/shaft' IN the center gear..it was all good...I redid the outdrive gears...but the motor would spin but the center was somehow ENGAGING the spider gears to prevent the front / rear drives from spinning...They spin now that ive glued them thats for sure...Still need to take it for a drive though...

+ Reply to Thread