+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket shock Question?

srad30 Guest

Default Aftermarket shock Question?

I was wondering if there was any difference between the Kyosho or the
    3Racing shocks, I you guys had any input or recommend which was nicer.
    I just received my H8 and I'm going to ugrade shocks and get 2 good battery packs and steering servo.
    I did try to search before asking and it get coming up with server error?

Thanks Guys,
    Kevin (H8 newbie)

Hawk Guest

My experience is that Kyosho makes some of the best shocks in the industry. I heard about some problems people had with shocks leaking (strange thing is only fronts) but no problems with mine. I have much experience with puttin K shocks together (keep breaking mine) so Maybe it is something I am doing.
    My son builds them leak free too, many different sizes as long as they are the teflon piston, hardened alu. body type. They have tuning parts like spring sets and pistons in different configurations. I don't care for threaded shock bodies, I like the clips I can pop in and out and automatically look at and tell if they are set the same on both sides. Only time I lost one was when the car hit a light pole at full throttle. I broke a lot of front parts that day. I am sure the 3Racing parts are good but for tunability and (soon I hope) availability of parts for rebuilds and replacement, I would choose the Kyosho parts.

akura2 Guest

I ordered the 3Racing about a week and a half ago... but I couldn't wait any longer and bouight the Kyoshos... my Kyoshos are very smooth with nice damping using the two hole piston and the stock oil... mine don't leak and they work great.... I did get my 3racing shocks today...and I took one out to squeeze it between my fingers.... it's a lot firmer but equally as smooth... plus they have the adjusting collars so you don't need those annoying clips... if I would have waited.. I think I would have been satisfied with the 3racing... they come with extra pistons (two-hole) which I think would make the shocks a little softer.. plus changing the oil to a lighter oil would work as well.... they come with the little balls installed and ready to mount

If anyone needs a set of 3Racing titanium-colored shocks let me know...

but then I might just keep them so I can quick change my setup based on track conditions... Like street vs. track.... jumps vs. packed clay

plus they look cool... the titanium color is bitchen...

also... the bodies of the 3racing shocks are longer so the travel isn't going to be as much... but the shock itself is slightly longer so it may compensate
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by akura2; 06-07-2005 at 06:51 PM.

NitroSpazzz Guest

Make sure if you are getting a new steering servo that you have a new speed control and reciever ready. If ya replace servo, you replace everything Just wanted to make sure you were aware. Have fun, O I think the kyosho ones look cooler so thats my vote

MOTRAIN Guest

I have not ever used or seen the Kyosho shocks in person yet. They seem very nice just too pricey for me.

However I do have the 3Racing shocks and like everything they make they are pretty freakin nice....very smooth, fit is perfect and they are adjustable. Not to mention the price is right.

And like akura2 said the titanium color is so nice looking... bling but not in your face bling like the blue. This is just personal preference so please any of the blue lovers out there please, No Offense.

akura2 Guest

I edited my post and put a pic above... the Kyoshos on the left and the 3racing on the right

srad30 Guest

Well, I quess it will be which ever I can get for the price then since they are
    both just as smooth and the quality.
    I Have had a mamba performance kit ready to install before I Bought H8
    I was going to use the kyosho servo for now but it has 4 wires on the lead
    and it does not fit in my Jr R310 RX?
    Anyone know if servo works with just 3 of the 4 wires?
    Also does the mamba controller not work with Am radio 75h
    I had to steal the Synthesized RX from truck.
    Thank U for Shock info.
    K.

srad30 Guest

Also anybody else having trouble with search on this site?

Hawk Guest

The servo definately will not work with a 3 wire servo receiver.
    The receiver you mention, to the best of my knowledge is a 75mHz FM radio set. You should have no problem using the servo wire from the Mamba 25 ESC should work fine. Just be conscious of the which pin is the ground. In fact I have a compX mamba and it has the same wire color scheme as the JR radio stuff and it fits fine in my RS310. Had a little trouble with the Futaba servo though.
    So, you really want to replace the steering servo if you are going to put any speed into your H8. Pick up a Hitec micro, mini. They are relatively inexpensive and I believe the HS81mg is the weapon of choice on this board.

acsubie Guest

akura, im with you, i have both sets, and both seem great, so im keeping both sets for quick setting changes like you mentioned, and now that i have the 3racing spring kits the tuning possibilties are endless

+ Reply to Thread