+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: aon 4900 and mamba 25 esc

.5x8 Guest

Default aon 4900 and mamba 25 esc

wheres the cheapest place to get the aon 4900 and mamba 25 esc? has anyone clocked in the speed of the AON 4900 with 8 cells?? if so, how fast was it?

akura2 Guest

I'm running mine with six cells... only because I thought there was something wrong with the 8-cell pack I built... (the car wouldn't roll and it kept sputtering and beeping... until I tried it with my six cell and it did the same thing....folks.. remember to CHARGE the batteries before you put them in the car and expect it to work )

my slipper was slipping so badly I couldn't get any decent speed though...

I'm going to rebuild my 8-cell (and charge it) and try again with the slipper almost completely locked now (used an old t-shirt to hold the spur)

my buddy hasn't charged me for the motor yet so I don't know how much it will be (he owns a hobby shop so he let me use the AON until I can come in and pay for it.... I work too much and can't get to the shop)
    Last edited by akura2; 05-31-2005 at 02:22 PM.

.5x8 Guest

o i see..well im in no rush, so get the speed! haha thanks!

akura2 Guest

LOL... no prob... I 'll see what I can do sir...!

.5x8 Guest

FALL OUT!!

.5x8 Guest

did u find out yet akrura?

akura2 Guest

well I ran it and it's FAST... I have no means of getting an accurate measurement... but there is an RC speed calculator somewhere on the web... if you know the drive ratios and such...

I just built an eight-cell for it and I think it's too fast (yes there is such a thing).... with the six.. I could lock down the slipper and get good acceleration... now with the 8... it's slipping again.... I'm going to have to take it apart and rough up the slipper washers...

I was trying to avoid it ... but oh well

maxxenitout Guest

Default Aon

Hey akura can you introduce me to your buddy...lol I'm going to switch to that motor as soon as I can.

.5x8 Guest

lol who me? haha HI! lol me and akura knew eachother from drift forums..fellow drifters..lol i never actually met him, but if we are on the same forum we are fellow drifters! lol its funny, me and him drift..and we both have a mini inferno...lol

akura2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by maxxenitout
    Hey akura can you introduce me to your buddy...lol I'm going to switch to that motor as soon as I can.

LOL... his name is Jaime.... he runs The Hobby Place just east of where you used to be... they carry the Aon motors there.... I've known him since I've been in LA (five years) so we're pretty cool...

For the price and power...as long as you have the contoller... which I know you do... the AON is the right choice

+ Reply to Thread