+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sirio 09 mix needle turns...

libelula Guest

Default Sirio 09 mix needle turns...

Hi:

I've just bought it (sirio 09 engine, 16% fuel) and need some opinions about adjusting the carburator: I have the mix needle at 3 entire laps from its close position, as the manual says. Its the minimum configuration that they recomend but with this adjust the nitro engine just isn't hot, it has no power and the fuel tank gets empty in about the half of full estimated time.

I have the gas trimmed a bit because if I put it neutral the engine stops, and the carburator opening seems to be correct at that position.

The idle needle its fully closed, and even in that position the engine stops if i press the gas to reverse (brake position).

Should I adjust the mix needle until the engine gets hot and releases power, without taking care of manual? how many full-turns do u have?

thanks

Wolle Guest

I had the same problem - tried to unscrew the needle completely, then very slowly screw it back in, then 3½ turns out. It runs fine at about 3 1/4 turns out, no doubt it could be much better with a more lean mix. I've decided to use this setting for a while. Guess its due to the low temperatures this time of year.

libelula Guest

Ok, thank you for your answer. Ill try a 20% fuel.

Wolle Guest

Let us know how it works out.

libelula Guest

One more question for you wolle : how many time can you run with one tank? That should be an indicator about the engine's mix adjust.
    I only run for about 3-4 minutes and it seems to be very short time.

Thanks.

Wolle Guest

That was actually the first sign I got that something was wrong (this is my first nitro car). I couldn't run more than a couple of minutes on a tank. I believe I'm getting approx. 6-7 minutes now. If you get up to 10 minutes, then I would say its running too lean.... Do remember that the time is very variable - if you run af long course at mostly full speed, you use more nitro than a small curved track.

libelula Guest

Ok ; I understand now. This is my first nitro car too, I used normally an electric one.

libelula Guest

Hi Wolle:

Finally I adjusted the needle about 2 full turns. It goes relatively well, but a friend of mine has bougth just the same car and without making any adjust it goes ver fine, with an aprox duration of 8 minutes, almost the double as mine. I think there should be any defect on the engine, because there is no fuel lost.

Bye

+ Reply to Thread