+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is there a future for the Mini Inferno?

MrUnlimited Guest

Exclamation Is there a future for the Mini Inferno?

With this forum almost dead, no new developments for the car by Kyosho my question is: Is there a future for this car? Tamiya has brought out a few 1/16 buggies but they are also not comng with new model while I think some of us expected more models on the GB03 4wd chassis but there is still only the Hotshot. Many of us sold the mini inferno and bought a 1/18 instead. I still like this Mini Inferno and want to build a new one but if there is no future for this car spares will run out quickly and the car will be a collectors item like the vintage models of Tamiya and Kyosho. What do guys think? Is it worth to build a new car or stick to 1/18 scene?

noR Guest

I should hope so. Me and my friend just got some for this Christmas. Maybe it was the 'discontinued pricetag'. Maybe that was all it took.

I hear my LHS sold about 6 of them this past Christmas. So it can't be doing THAT bad.

MrUnlimited Guest

I decide to switch back to 1/8 nitro buggies and sell my 1/18 cars since that scene is also dying. No new developments and no new cars. I also like the sound of the high revving engines more than the quiet electrics. I also think I am addicted to the smell of nitro

Jerry Guest

Default Nitro forever

You and me have something common. Love the sounds and smell of Nitros. Yes, the brushless electrics are very fast, but somewhere in the mix of things, the buggies just are not that interesting without the whining of the Nitro motors.
    That smell, the nitro smell, smells like--victory!

MrUnlimited Guest

Jerry, you are right. Nothing cmpares to nitro. I am also racing 1/8 hydroplanes, I have seen people converting them to brushless. They are fast but you miss the sound. That is why I am still racing nitro in my boat

legacy_gt Guest

although the future is dim for a new 1/16 mini inferno, there's plenty of parts available for this neat car. i still competively race my mini inferno....i also have a tamtech modded hornet for back up.

i will never own a nitro vehicle again....too much maintenence and not enough time....

Jerry Guest

Default Better Clutch shoes?

Is there a replacement/upgrade for the clutch shoes and flywheel? Everybody knows my problems with the stock clutch bell/shoes, etc. Nobody seems to know this answer.

EndZz Guest

Well I strongly believe that this car is going to die out, parts have been a bit hard to come by, the high end ones. I LOVE this little car but I'm going to try and stock up on parts to last me if it becomes a thing of the past, just so i can play around with it a bit when they have stoped producing things for it. in fact I'm completely building my Inferno from stock I'm just looking for the right parts. I am kind of sad that this forum is almost completely dead though people used to be on here non stop!

What do you guys think?

Jerry Guest

Look on e-bay. They have a few left. A new ARR for $99. Complete just no electronics. Put in a minimum bid and it is mine. Can't beat that price. Must be clearing them out. Yes, I love my little Nitro burner. This is my last shot with this one. Clutch problems be dammed.

Turps Guest

I can see it dying. Just cos most of them are an unreliable POS. I will never buy this brand again.
    My run times where less than 5mins before it broke something and that was without giving it a flogging.

+ Reply to Thread