+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Picco .06

Jerry Guest

Sorry for the late reply--Yes I purchased an ARR for $99 on ebay. Swapped out sway bars and a few others onto the ARR. The new and improved buggy rips. Also bought some new tires/rims. The ARR rims all cracked from all of the jumps. I'm happy again. NO MORE FRIGGIN CLUTCH PROBLEMS with this new and improved buggy.

Now I can't wait for on-road season to start. Snow still on the ground

Wolle Guest

Good to hear your past these problems. Sadly I now have some clutch problems, dont know if its the same as yours :-(....

Jerry Guest

You can read some of my posts. If it turns out to be the same thing, try and buy a ARR for $99 on ebay. Best $99 spent. That clutch problem, in my mind, was probably because of a failing main bearing inside the motor? Just happy to find a solution to my problem. Good luck

Wolle Guest

Thanks Jerry. Read most of your posts. The first time I had the problem I shimmed the clutch bell, and that helped. Now its back, and getting worse. I too have thought about engine bearings. Maybe Iīll look into some spares for that. The $99 ARR would be nice to have - but after S&H and taxes it amounts to approx. $250.... Still worth it, as the price for a new engine here in Denmark is around $170! On monday I might get hold of a 0.12 engine - if it fits, thatīll be my first try.

Jerry Guest

Default Clutch problems

Wolle:
    Sorry to hear your problems are getting worse. Sounds like the same thing that happened to me. I tried replacing everything short of a new engine.
    New diffs, bearings, clutch bell, shoes, etc. None of that worked. Shimming didn't work. The only solution was to pick up that ARR. So my final answer to you would be an unlikely one, but the only direction that I didn't try. Bearings in the motor and the crank may be the culprit. At slow idle, mabey the engine is vibrating a little and the clutch shoes are prematurely engaging. You could try a stronger clutch spring?
    Wish you could pick up a ARR like me. DAVEMAN I believe steered me to look on ebay and found one and put a minimum bid at $99 and low and behold SALE. This will be my last running of the little buggy. If and when the clutch problems occur, TinyTacohead will be getting my stuff, he has 1st dibbs. Sorry for your problems. It frustrated me to no end.

Wolle Guest

Thanks Jerry. I decided not to mess with the engine itself - if that is the problem, as I am a complete novice with these things. I'll put the .06 pico in it instead, if there is no other way around it. At my local track we discussed it a little, and as you point out it does look like the clutch engages prematurely, wether it's due to a bend axle or something else nobody could answer. As you suggest, I'll look into the clutch shoes - either by shortening the springs, or by drilling small holes in them to make them lighter. It looks like I've got some spare time for that, as I lost my rear center dogbone today :-(. (is it woth the cost to upgrade to more expensive set of dogbones?).

This story is (unfortunate) likely to continue....

Wolle Guest

Last update on the clutch problem: It was due to sand inside the clutch bell... weeheeee :-).
    By now I have switched it with a 1/5 gas powered MT. In my local area there were not enough places for me to race, and the club near me only has a track that suits 1/5 and 1/8 offroaders. Sadly, I already miss this little bugger, the screams from the engine, and amazing looks on people passing by :-).

Jerry Guest

Hey Wolle:
    My problems are coming back with the ARR I purchased months ago. Will have to tear down completely to diagnose. Like I said before, I never found the problem so I purchased a ARR and used everything on that buggy. Just switched electrics and servos.

TinyTacohead will probably be getting the remains if I can't nail down the problem. The frustration is something that I don't need with this little buggy. Love it and everybody loves to see it rip around. Amazed to see the .09 motor in it and the power and sound it produces.

Off to vacation and next week will start the diagnosing.

+ Reply to Thread