+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Picco .06

DAVEMAN Guest

Default Picco .06

Anyone seen the Ofna Picco .06 run in a Chaos? The only reason I ask is theyre pretty cheap on ebay if anyone needs a replacement for the Sirio.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220331219014

Jerry Guest

That motor looks nice! Really love the Sirio, but a cheap replacement is always good to find. My motor is near it's end.

I have little knowledge regarding R/C buggies, especially this Mini Inferno. Not sure if I'm going to keep working on this buggy in the future. Too many problems with the clutch, shoes and brakes. Run mostly On-road and the buggy is for filling time and playing in the dirt.

If in the near future, the motor dies, I will probably replace it with your Picco link, then post up mounting problems, etc.

Thanks for the link.
    Jerry

DAVEMAN Guest

Yeah, the replacement Sirio engine cost a fortune. I bought a NIB Sirio .09 a year ago from some guy for $75...not a bad deal. Its still sitting up in my closet.

Jerry Guest

Default Picco .06 a drop in?

Hey Daveman:
    May just consider ordering one of those Picco Motors. You seem really knowledgeable--will this motor just drop in (within reason). Will I have to make shims or redrill mounting holes? Any help if you know. My motor is killing me with the clutch problems and $40 bucks for a new motor may be possible.
    Please reply back soon, my patience is growing thin and my right foot is hovering over my Mini.

DAVEMAN Guest

Jerry I really can't answer your questions about that picco engine. I havent ordered one myself so I dont know. I have seen a bunch of NIB Inferno 09 ARRs on ebay and rctech for around $115. I know this is quite a bit more than that picco engine...but you'd get a whole new clutch and a buttload of extra parts. I'm thinking about getting one just to have a buch of spares.

Jerry Guest

Just don't want to spend another dime on this "little" buggy. Probably will eventually look into a 1/8 scale for the dirt. For now, it's shoveling snow and waiting for warmer weather. Who knows, may order an engine if I get bored.

Jerry Guest

Ok--just placed a bid on one of those ARR. Man am I weak.

DAVEMAN Guest

Let us know if you win it. I know it sucks dumping money into something thats giving you such a hard time....but man it it awesome when its running.

Jerry Guest

It's mine. $99 winning minimum bid. Just can't beat that for a ARR. So I will move the electronics to the new ARR and my headache of a old buggy is officially parts. I must have a soft spot for that little bugger. Fair warning--if those clutch gremlins appear over the next year, that's it, I'm not joking!

Wolle Guest

Did you get the ARR, and have you tried it? Hope you're past the clutch problems with this one :-)

/Ole

+ Reply to Thread