+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: So hows your 09?

Jerry Guest

Yes, I'm happy to see the replacement buggy running great. Bought the ARR on E-bay and was the only bidder at $99. You just can't beat that price, just have to do the work switching over the servos and installing the battery box and the receiver.

Now I may looking into some aluminum upgrades. Over the weekend, broke 2 knuckles and 1 A-arm trying a triple. Will look into the pricing and decide. Spent 5 hours of running/helping out with others running and my legs are tired from running to turn over other buggies that are on their back. Now back to fixing my broken parts.

Tinytacohead Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Yes, I'm happy to see the replacement buggy running great. Bought the ARR on E-bay and was the only bidder at $99. You just can't beat that price, just have to do the work switching over the servos and installing the battery box and the receiver.

Now I may looking into some aluminum upgrades. Over the weekend, broke 2 knuckles and 1 A-arm trying a triple. Will look into the pricing and decide. Spent 5 hours of running/helping out with others running and my legs are tired from running to turn over other buggies that are on their back. Now back to fixing my broken parts.
    Never thought those parts would break so easily, though I've not tried any jumps like those either, haha. Pisses me off all the more that I sold a bunch of 3R gear, in their hard-to-get titanium color, to some jerk in Denmark or somewhere, only for him to never pay up. (don't ask me why I sent items before payment recieved, there was a stupid reason at the time that I now forget ) One thing that did bug me about the aluminum parts was how much slop they had, (even being 3R), though I spose you can shim that out, and given time, plastic would wear and create the same. They seemed alot heavier as well. I had the lower kingpin loss issue with the knuckles, even after Loctite, though I never did put tape over them, a solution I believe I found somewhere on here.

Jerry Guest

Well, just ordered $60 in aluminum parts for the upgrade. Front knuckles, A-arm front and back, casters, etc. Should be here in 2-3 days. I guess I'm loving the new and improved buggy again!

Note: If that clutch problems EVER COMES BACK--ban me from this forum because it would not be suitable for viewing by anybody under the age of 18.

Tinytacohead Guest

Well, just ordered $60 in aluminum parts for the upgrade. Front knuckles, A-arm front and back, casters, etc. Should be here in 2-3 days. I guess I'm loving the new and improved buggy again!

Note: If that clutch problems EVER COMES BACK--ban me from this forum because it would not be suitable for viewing by anybody under the age of 18.
    Hahaha! BTW, what brand aluminum goodies did ya go for, and what color? I kept my 3R titanium colored upper front arms, thankfully.

The guy that ripped me off is/was a member here, though I don't remember his name. May dig it up, and see if I've still got his phone number hiding away in my email account somewhere. If so, I'll be buying an international calling card, just to let him know what I think of him! He owes me $60, heh.

Jerry Guest

Ordered from "thetoyz.com". All are blue aluminum. Don't really care. Just didn't want plastic. Too rough on the front end and kept braking pieces. Will try these. Will post pictures later after the rebuild. If you want to see the track I run at it is "LeisureHoursRaceway.com". You tube has videos and there is a link on the master page for YouTube videos. They have a huge outdoor track (dirt and on-road) and a rather large indoor dirt track. The little buggy gets lost on the outdoor track in areas. Parts should be here in 2-3 days. Bad part is we still have almost 6" of snow on the ground still.

Tinytacohead Guest

Ordered from "thetoyz.com". All are blue aluminum. Don't really care. Just didn't want plastic. Too rough on the front end and kept braking pieces. Will try these. Will post pictures later after the rebuild. If you want to see the track I run at it is "LeisureHoursRaceway.com". You tube has videos and there is a link on the master page for YouTube videos. They have a huge outdoor track (dirt and on-road) and a rather large indoor dirt track. The little buggy gets lost on the outdoor track in areas. Parts should be here in 2-3 days. Bad part is we still have almost 6" of snow on the ground still.
    Yeah, that's where I got all my 3Racing parts from - they sell more than one brand though. Hope ya didn't go for GPM or somthin of lesser quality. If I ever order any more aluminum goods, I'll be snagging shim kits along with as well. A little bit of slop = ALOT in such a small RC! Never tried running mine in the cold months. I spose I'm outta fuel at the moment anyways though, not to mention realllly need to buy a quality charger. I've got a Novak ION, but it's an older one that seems to have pretty well kicked the bucket. I can't complain though, as it was basically a freebie with an Ebay RC steal, which I snagged years ago.
    Last edited by Tinytacohead; 02-04-2009 at 06:16 AM.

Jerry Guest

Default New and improved?

Here's some pics. Sorry--didn't know about the GPM parts. Hopefully they will hold up better than plastic.
    Parts:

Front:

Back:

Done:

Had to also replace the tires/rims. The originals that came with the ARR all cracked and split. Hope these new rims will last.
    Last edited by Jerry; 02-05-2009 at 12:48 AM.

Tinytacohead Guest

Here's some pics. Sorry--didn't know about the GPM parts. Hopefully they will hold up better than plastic...
    Lookin great man! The problem most people have with GPM, and it seems to be random, is fitment. Like they tend to have alot more slop than 3Racing stuff etc. How's your stuff fit?

Jerry Guest

The only problem was with the front cups. Bushings didn't fit well. Will have to watch for loose nuts. Could not fully tighten without some binding. Will try and to find a solution later.

t9dragon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tinytacohead View Post
    Hahaha! BTW, what brand aluminum goodies did ya go for, and what color? I kept my 3R titanium colored upper front arms, thankfully.

The guy that ripped me off is/was a member here, though I don't remember his name. May dig it up, and see if I've still got his phone number hiding away in my email account somewhere. If so, I'll be buying an international calling card, just to let him know what I think of him! He owes me $60, heh.
    You still haven't gotten paid by that "IDIOT".

+ Reply to Thread