+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: So hows your 09?

Tinytacohead Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Bad news:
    Problem still exists. Better than before, but still idles and seems fine then grabs and sounds like a box of rocks, then lets go and idles and back and forth...
    Hey man, got your message, but again, good luck!

Jerry Guest

Latest update:
    Took out the front and rear drive shafts and will be starting it in a few days to hear the motor and clutch under no load. Had to not look at it for a week or so. Now have to find a new/used car to purchase. My '95 Pontiac Sunfire with 215,300 miles is dying a slow death just like the Mini.

Tinytacohead Guest

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Latest update:
    Took out the front and rear drive shafts and will be starting it in a few days to hear the motor and clutch under no load. Had to not look at it for a week or so. Now have to find a new/used car to purchase. My '95 Pontiac Sunfire with 215,300 miles is dying a slow death just like the Mini.
    I hear ya man, my main ride, (and the only one that runs ), has 194k on the clock & I'm tryin to decide what to replace it with. I'm a bit picky when it comes to cars/that kinda money.

Jerry Guest

Default Used car 1st then buggy

May be purchasing a used 2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring w/ 34,000 mi.
    Until the car thing is worked out, no work on the buggy. It is sitting on my work table in the basement with both drive shafts off of it.

My present car has a BAD head gasket and using 1 gallon of antifreeze every 3-4 days. 2 bad wheel bearings, no horn, 2 bad rear speakers, no heat in car, severely rusted around gas cap, slipping trans, rear brakes are almost gone, power steering starting to fail, 7,000 mi since last oil change and it needs a tune up. But, it has new tires on it.

Happy days

Jerry Guest

Default new used car and replacement buggy

Tinytacohead:
    I just purchased a ARR from e-bay, so I'm still in the 1/16 scale buggy game. Sorry, but I'm giving it one last shot. The "devil" buggy with the possessed clutch gremlins, will become the parts buggy. Just couldn't pass up $99 for a ARR, it is only missing Electronics which I have from the 1st buggy. Plus I already have a Spectrum with 2 receivers that I use with my other toys.

P.S. Found a used Chrysler Sebring so I'm happy again and a winning minimum bid on e-bay for a ARR Mini Inferno 09 $99.

Jerry Guest

Default New and improved buggy

Well, transferred the servos and receiver to the new ARR. The buggy will be started for the 1st time tomorrow. The old one with the possessed clutch problems now is a parts vehicle. Hopefully the new buggy will not develop the same problem the old one developed. Sorry Tinytacohead, you will have to wait a little longer. Running the buggy at our local track in Joliet this Saturday. 4-5 hours of run-in time. Post up later, if anybody is still watching this website.

Jerry Guest

Default Man am I pissed

Tried starting the new buggy and 5 revolutions then lock up. Tore the motor apart and the shim between the head and the piston sleeve was improperly made and poorly pressed in place. Seems that the sleeve is also out of wack at top dead center.

Stole the shim and sleeve out of the old buggy and put back together. Will try and run Friday. Leaving for the track Saturday morning and whould be REALLY MAD if I received a bad motor in the ARR. Problems just seem to follow this Mini.

DAVEMAN Guest

Geez Jerry...I thought I had bad luck in the ol RC world. Keep us up to date..

Jerry Guest

Default It's up and running

The new ARR swap-out worked. Was it ever nice to see the buggy idling and not taking off. Ran at least 10 tanks thru. Really did not have to run in the motor because of swapping out the sleeve and shim from the old buggy.
    Had a blast and broke 1 A-arm and 2 knuckles trying to make a triple-jump that the 1/8 scalers were doing. Made 1 and crashed and burned on 2 others. Now have to rebuild. Just wanted to update the few that are still reading these postings.

Tinytacohead Guest

Smile

Hey man, had surgery & was staying at buddies place for awhile afterwards. Stupid site kept saying I had the wrong username/PW, so I requested a new one and it still wouldn't let me in. I'm home now though and got in no prob.. so I was watching, just couldn't post, lol.

I can't say I'm happy to not be getting your 09, but great to hear you got your probs all straightened out! including your real car - I just bought one too, though my old one wasn't in near as bad a shape as yours. I've actually still got it and am trying to figure out what to do.. sell or tinker with it, hehe. Back to Mini's - maybe I can find a deal like yours, to get my buddy into them this summer.

+ Reply to Thread