+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: So hows your 09?

DAVEMAN Guest

Default So hows your 09?

Not much action in here in a while. Did you guys run your 09's all summer? My
    8th scales distracted me all summer so my 09 has been sitting on the shelf all summer....

DAVEMAN Guest

Jesus, I see I used the word "summer" a little too much there. I must have been half asleep while typing that...

t9dragon Guest

I haven't ran either of mine in 4-5 months. I have been having to much fun bashing my E-Maxx and driving my AX10 and X-Crawler on the rocks................

Tinytacohead Guest

I got sucked back into modifying my puter/s. I'm realllly thinking about snagging an SC8 eventually, and will definitely be grabbing an E-flight mCX before long though!

DAVEMAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tinytacohead View Post
    I got sucked back into modifying my puter/s. I'm realllly thinking about snagging an SC8 eventually, and will definitely be grabbing an E-flight mCX before long though!
    I'm not so sure that the SC8 is going to catch on racing wise...especially with a $700 price tag. I suppose I might be jumping to conclusions since I havent seen one run yet. I know at my local track the Slash class was one of the most popular the the begining of the season...but the numbers dwindled pretty quickly throughout the season. Most people went back to trucks and buggys. Time will tell....

Tinytacohead Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DAVEMAN View Post
    I'm not so sure that the SC8 is going to catch on racing wise...especially with a $700 price tag. I suppose I might be jumping to conclusions since I havent seen one run yet. I know at my local track the Slash class was one of the most popular the the begining of the season...but the numbers dwindled pretty quickly throughout the season. Most people went back to trucks and buggys. Time will tell....
    Yeah I know. My hopes are the price drops a bit, helping the popularity, considering it JUST released. Remember the 09's original price tag! (though see below) I wish it would catch on cause they look straight badass. (if a little wide to be scale?) To see one run, go search Associated SC8 on YouTube. (given it's Saxton driving but..) Honestly, I rarely make it to a track anymore, I just think they look wicked, and seem like they can run pretty well too. It does/did piss me off that the 09 didn't really catch on after I bought it, but since the SC8's built off an RC8, parts should stay plentiful.. If it doesn't catch on I'd like the Slayer to, but I still prefer the SC8. (I think it'd be cool if it were 10th scale/a tad smaller, but I'm disabled, making it easier to carry around smaller RC's)
    Last edited by Tinytacohead; 10-27-2008 at 12:32 PM.

nitro_newbie Guest

hopefully this bored does pickup i just got the gp st!!! it should be here any day now! now to find my glow charger and startetr!

Jerry Guest

Default Mini 09 is hurting

How's my 09? Well, ordered clutch bell, ball pins?, brake disk. All apart all over the place.
    Question: I'm really having a problem with clutch. After 5-10 tanks, the clutch bell area sounds like a box of rocks. The buggy won't sit still, like starting it in gear. Ordered a new clutch bell with the inner bearing. Will this solve my problem. Finding that roller bearing inside at my local hobby store is impossible.
    Question #2: Tried really extending the fuel line as much as possible, but the buggy still dies after 20 seconds upside down. Is there any other solves. I wish there was a better design of the tank so you could mount a swinging pickup inside when the buggy flips.
    I've had mine for over a year and my patience is growing thin. This was my 1st try in the dirt and may be the last with a mini. Everybody is amazed at the speed of the 09. Really rips when fully warmed up. A low speed needle adjustment would have been nice for tuning. There seems to be a really fine line between rich and over lean.
    Lastly, too bad this forum seems to be (is) dying a slow death. The economy is sucking the life out of everybody.
    Want to pick up a Nitro Kart next summer for On-road. Here I go with another oddity.
    Sorry for my rambling--Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year? Can it get any worse?

Tinytacohead Guest

Arrow

Wow, a post here, haha.. as for your clutch & holding still, mine's pretty much always been like that, more so as the engine became fully broke in. I've actually never pulled the clutch apart to see what things look like though, lol. If you run into a fix, let me know! Not to jump on the gimpy bandwagon , but I'm disabled, & an RC that won't set still when I'm not on the gas is annoying to say the least!

The dieing after flipping has always been a problem for me too, since I can't run out & flip whatever I'm driving back over, (which I'm good at doing & my buddy gets tired of chasing after my cars, lol). Unfortunately I've never ran the 09 properly or managed to flip it though, but that sounds like a problem next year when I hope to finally get it on a track. Don't let it totally detur you from the dirt though, maybe try another vehical that's got more space in it for a proper setup. That said, I've never had any true onroad RC's. (just slammed a few offroaders)

And I second the forum, and 09, dieing out. The little buggers got some quirks, but it'd be great to have a full track of them blazing around! They looked like the next big thing when I got mine, and I aalmost convinced my buddy to get one too, but yeah.. oh well. It's too cool an RC for me to wanna sell off, considering how little they go for these days. (I guess I feel that way about any I get, haha) Like I said, hopefully mine will see some more use when the weather warms back up again. Oh, and Merry Christmas everybody!

Jerry Guest

Parts should be here Friday. When new, the buggy acted great. Little tough on idle, but stayed relatively still. When my clutch problems started was after 30+ tanks. My motor is fully broken in and screams, sucker will practically wheelie. Really squats under full throttle. Hopefully the new clutch bell with new inner bearing will do the trick. Do you have problems with your cheap brake disk. Have gone thru 3 of them. They strip out and start to free wheel. Anyways, will be about a week before I get a chance to fully fix and test. Have 5 inches of snow on the ground in Illinois. Will have to test in the driveway or lose it in the drifts.
    Later.

+ Reply to Thread