+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can't believe....

morati Guest

Default Can't believe....

this forum is dead! This was the place to come to for info regarding all things Half 8. Wish Kyosho would update this thing. Its time someone stepped up and made a serious Micro for us small scalers. The MI was a great platform but lacked reliability. Nothing else Micro jumps as well as a Half 8 but it could use a platform like the KMRC chassis, stronger geared diffs (not the tight 09 ones), and center universals to really shine. Thoughts anyone? ANYONE?

CrustyNoodle Guest

Man you are right... I can't believe this forum has gone this way. I can't even find any test reports on the Novak Mongoose system which looks to me like the ideal system for the H8.

One of the biggest downers I've found with the H8 is the king pin set up of the front C-hub suspension - it requires too much fiddling to get it even remotely slop free!

legacy_gt Guest

mini infernos are neat cars that need some tweaking. mi still sell all over the place. wish to see this site more active.

Jerry Guest

Morati:

Just send you an e-mail with a question. I posted the question also in the Mini Inferno 09 area for viewing. You seem to be very knowledgeable and a regular to the site. Yes, it is sorry to see this site struggling. Every body I meet at the local track, loves to see the little buggy run. It's too bad that the tiny size is a negative at the local outdoor track.
    If you get time, check out our local track(s). It is LeisureHoursRaceway.com located in Joliet, Illinois. The have a huge On-Road track, huge outdoor dirt track and an relatively large indoor dirt track. If you do a search, there are videos of the indoor track with buggys, truggies, etc.

legacy_gt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Morati:

Just send you an e-mail with a question. I posted the question also in the Mini Inferno 09 area for viewing. You seem to be very knowledgeable and a regular to the site. Yes, it is sorry to see this site struggling. Every body I meet at the local track, loves to see the little buggy run. It's too bad that the tiny size is a negative at the local outdoor track.
    If you get time, check out our local track(s). It is LeisureHoursRaceway.com located in Joliet, Illinois. The have a huge On-Road track, huge outdoor dirt track and an relatively large indoor dirt track. If you do a search, there are videos of the indoor track with buggys, truggies, etc.
    there are outdoor tracks for 1/18 and 1/16 scales perfect for the mini inferno. you just have to find them.

Jerry Guest

Hey Legacy GT:
    Did some searching of the net and talking with others and a somewhat local track has opened for Nitro Dirt. It is 100x00. Looks promising. Only opened a few weeks.
    The track is Marengo, Illinois. I believe they are using the name Extreme R/C. Yes, I know they will probably have to rename. Seems to me there is another name out there in the R/C world using that same name.

legacy_gt Guest

cool! pics?

MrUnlimited Guest

Morati,

this forum is dead. Why? simple: Kyosho still manufacturers the MI but did not come with new improvements. The 1/8 scale has been replace the mp9 model. IThe MI should then renmed/replaced with a smaller copy of their new 1/8 scale. Also Kyosho biggest marketproduct in small scale is Mini-z.
    Many people sold their car. I also think companies like 3Racing, Atomic, GPM, Topcad etc don't develop new products for this car while for other cars like the RC18 series they still develop new parts.
    The MI was a little funny car which handled great since it was somewhat larger vthan the 1/18 scale. The 1/18 scene is also bigger with more different cars for offroad like the RC18T, Xray M18T, Losi LST and MIni T and then there some more onraod racers like the M18, Nanda (developed by Masami Hirosaka's dad), HPI RS4 micro and the scalpel.
    If there were more manufacters who sold 1/16 electric buggies there would be more competition and maybe a real raceseries with worldchampionships etc.
    For now Kyosho killed their own product and market.
    Maybe in the near future Kyosho developes a new 1/16 car as well as other manufacterers to create a new competitionscene.

Jerry Guest

Default Forums are dying a slow death

I've owned a Mini Inferno Nitro for 6 months and love it. Have a few other toys and watch a few other forums and have noticed R/C forums are dying a slow death all over. I'm from the midwest so the weather is changing and tracks will be closing soon. Hell, there are only a few tracks in general. The economy is not helping. Did you see the stock market today. OUCH!

Back to the subject. All I have to say--stock up now on replacement parts when and where you can--or start going the 1/8 scale route for off-road. That's where the emphasis is regarding dirt buggies. Forums are a great way to communicate problems and fixes. The R/C industry is an expensive hobby, eventually. Most of us adults learn what we can and eventually tire watching forums. Kids, bills and family time takes over and reading and searching forums becomes boring.

I go to a track that is 85 miles from my house and it is a great facility. "LeisureHoursRaceway.com". Their forum is dead, but their facility is fabulous. Huge On-Road track (open until late October), huge Off-road track (open until November) and a great indoor track for dirt racing (open year round). They host many races with racers from all around USA.

Sorry for the long rant, but I too am sad to see these forums dying. The help out the newbie guys and gals that need help with their toys. As the RTR market expands, help will always be needed. I have to go and order some parts to keep my little buggy running.

Jerry Guest

Dead as a door nail!

"It's over Johnny"

+ Reply to Thread