+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fuel pickup problems

Jerry Guest

Default Fuel pickup problems

Hey guys:
    Has anybody run across this---
    The buggy is fully broken in. My problem is when bouncing around I experience fuel problems I assume. The thing starts chugging and will die occasionally. If I bring it back on the pavement quickly and use a little throttle it will eventually settle down.
    Currently running a really long fuel line and a really long pressure line from the exhaust. The fuel seems to be boiling? Running the head temp at 235-250. Yes I know, a little hot, but this little bugger is screaming.
    Can anybody help with an answer? Thanks

t9dragon Guest

You neeed to shorten the fuel and pressure lines............. What fuel are you running?

Jerry Guest

I currently running 20%. Trinity Platinum. With my Inferno GT they suggest running longer lines. Maybe that is causing the problem. Will go back to shorter lines to see if running improves. Was having a problem with stalling when the buggy flipped over, but that may have been because it wasn't broken yet. Will try shorter lines and will reply back later. Thanks a lot.

DAVEMAN Guest

I've had no problems running longer fuel lines. The lines are so short from the factory that the engine would die if it was upside down for just a couple of seconds. I suppose they could be really super long though and have a problem...

Jerry Guest

Default Longer Lines must stay

Hey--went back to short lines and that was a mistake. Flipped over and quickly shut off. Went back to longer lines and was better, but I must have done something a little different. Boggs when giving full throttle. May be a bad glow plug? Don't know just yet. Anyways--longer lines it is. There isn't much room under the body for too long of lines. May have a leak somewhere? Will keep trying.

t9dragon Guest

Running 30% is better in the long run for the smaller motors...........................

pipeous Guest

Hi, new member to the forum but have been around. I just bought one a couple days ago, ran great and handles like a much bigger buggy...

anyway. if the buggy died out as you flipped over. it sounds like it's too lean, and bogging on the top end could mean it's starving for fuel.

a longer fuel line from tank to carb will assist in keeping it running when flipped for longer, but that is syphon feeding basically. the pickup in the tank starts sucking air and you run off what is in the fuel line/fuel filters...

running longer pressure lines isn't a good choice unless you understand what it does. a shorter pressure line will tend to remain a more constant tune from top to bottom. a longer line the tank will lean out more relativeley when half or below. I try to run as short as possible. the way the air inlets are setup now is less of an issue than before. you had to have a loop higher than the tank to keep fuel from spewing into the pipe...

Jerry Guest

Thanks for the advice. Will try a short line for the pressure line. I'm still going to keep the long fuel line. A short one doesn't work when you accidentally flip over. Will post up when I get a chance.
    P.S. Has anybody had a problem with the carb. Mine is starting to hang up on the throttle a little. It opens ok, but on the return it sticks. Cleaned and lubed and it helped but just want to find out if there is a on-going problem with these carbs.
    Thanks--hope to here your advice.

pipeous Guest

my needle came unscrewed while running yesterday... oh boy. motor has little compression now as it overheated on me and flamed out. I pulled in to adjust the carb first time it sounded lean and when I lossened off the needle, it was the whole assembly turning and I didn't notice until I ripped it around to test the setting. then it got hot... I should have pulled the motor apart and sealed everything with form a gasket DOH

Jerry Guest

How in the world did you ever find that out?

Will definately try it. I have the buggy running pretty good. Have a new problem and need some much appreciated help. See my new posting.

It involves the rear end--of the Mini Inferno.

+ Reply to Thread