+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HG Alloy Wheel arrived!

hkopium Guest

Default HG Alloy Wheel arrived!

Damn, took 2 weeks from Tower to reach HK.

I installed it on the front wheels. Very spacious and not touching any rod or wheel arms. It can steers without problem.

But I still need to wait for the Tyres and Itsy Bitsy wheel adaptor to arrive for full testing.

They are so light in weight, shinny in appearance and GREAT craftmanship!
    Even come with stickers!
    Attached Images  

hkopium Guest

A closer look
    Attached Images  

hkopium Guest

The back. Nice slanted rim side. It is so smooth that it won't cut my fingers when running my hand around it.

The hex is triangle in shape, strange but it works.
    Attached Images  

chrille Guest

They are very nice! But i still prefer plastic wheels on a OR car, casue they will flex a little when you land a jump, and not just be deformed, like alloy wheels can be.... And also therse the fact that i want to have my car to look as much as a Inferno 777 as possible!

hkopium Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chrille
    They are very nice! But i still prefer plastic wheels on a OR car, casue they will flex a little when you land a jump, and not just be deformed, like alloy wheels can be.... And also therse the fact that i want to have my car to look as much as a Inferno 777 as possible!
    True, I bought these alloy wheels only for onroad and display only. Definitely not for anything rough. Don't even mention jumping.

...opium do they come with a triangle adaptor? The triniy is a HEX so it is a different shape...How do they fit on?

hkopium Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BitHed
    ...opium do they come with a triangle adaptor? The triniy is a HEX so it is a different shape...How do they fit on?
    It says use standard Hex mount, I have no idea until my Itsy Bitsy adapter arrive. Maybe touching only 2 sides of the hex.

...oh ok..i can see now where you would have 3 sides of the 6 touching..intersting...hope it works out...looks good....

hkopium Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BitHed
    ...oh ok..i can see now where you would have 3 sides of the 6 touching..intersting...hope it works out...looks good....

Unique HGTrigon mounting system fits all hex hubs including Traxxas, Associated, HPI, CEN, Tamiya, MRC, Kyosho and most other popular 1/10th scale touring cars. Fits 24mm, 25mm and 26mm tires

This is the description. Trigon mounting... interesting. Will let you know later.

chrille Guest

I can almost promise you that the only reason why it has a triangle and not a hex is tha its alot easier to do a triangle! But it would be nice to se hw the rim fits on hex adaptor!

+ Reply to Thread