+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No longer wish to be violent to my H8 :)

Turps Guest

Thumbs up No longer wish to be violent to my H8 :)

Well after killing more gears both plastic and metal with out running thru a full batt. I have reliabiltie for atleast 5mins. I am so happy. As the quark33 and wraith7K, it just wouldnt last.
    But am now running a model fun 30amp ESC and 4900kv motor. So much nicer, doesn't have the instant grunt of the other setup. But it lasts more than 60secs. Looking forward to running the 9.6v pack thru it. Then I will go for the lipo

morati Guest

Good to hear you solved your diff problem. Been using Atomic Ball-diff 2's with a KM-RC chassis (no center diff, just a slipper) and its been lasting with Wraith and 3-cell lipos. 50+mph.
    Looking forward to the new Novak Mongoose's release......

Jeff Guest

Turps, you did strenghten your drivetrain to go along with that power right? That stock crap wont even hold up to AAA batteries.

Turps Guest

Yer theres some upgrades in there.
    Atomic metal slipper gears.
    Been 3r Delrin gears also
    Atomic center diff.

Used to just keep stripping all those gears. Just had to much torque and I suppose I drove it like a nitro ie stab the throttle.
    Mind you I did put 11.1v's thru it the other day and had smoke coming from the motor, but think it was a poor mesh as I just wanted to play. As the shaft may not be the exact correct size for the pinion. So going to try another pinion, hopefully I havent fried the motor.

As for the wraith it broke a shaft so still waiting for a replacement from BPP under warranty.

legacy_gt Guest

go kmrc....it's heaven for the mi.

+ Reply to Thread