+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dual motors

Datrain Guest

Default Dual motors

hey guys I modded this KMRC chasis to accomodate two mamba 8Ks and two 3 cell lipos 2100s. I put two fans, a Hitech 225mg servo. this thing is soooo fast. I can make it flip at 20+mph. I thought my other mi was fun. this is a wild mod
    Attached Images          

Timbob Guest

Very nice job!!!

It's gotta be absolutely crazy. How is it to control, and how is the handling?

legacy_gt Guest

thats insane.

Datrain Guest

I love the way it handles but i have only used it on concrete. The accelleration is awesome and so are the brakes. it seems to be balanced well but i haven't jumped yet. one problem is that it will flip on its back if i pull the trigger too fast. I t is powered by two 3 cell lipos at 2100 mAh each. I think that i will loosen the slipper or adjust the traction control on mt M11. I need a scale to weigh it. I know that the power to weight ratio will be higher than most mini RCs. I am working on one using the eclipse chassis so that i can use that center diff. That should stop it from wheelie flipping.

Four8s Guest

Awesome!

I have two 6800's that have been sitting at the bottom of my tool box and Ive been looking for an excuse to buy a KMC chassis.

Datrain Guest

You can do this mod but understand that you will need a bunch of extra stuff.
    i like the fact that I can get the full range of the mamba 8k. I might even upgrade to the EnErG 9200kv. I just first need to get to keep it from that wheelie-flip.

Four8s Guest

Are you just doing speed runs? How bout a wheelie bar?

Datrain Guest

yeah that would work. i have just been working so much that I haven't got to go to the track or adjust the traction control on my remote.

Four8s Guest

Where do you race? Does your LHS stock parts for MIs?

Datrain Guest

I haven't raced yet. I just go to pegasus in montclair, CA and play around on their 10th track. they have some parts but i buy most of my hopup parts from rc mart and my stock parts from quick teck hobby. do you race? where do you buy your parts

+ Reply to Thread