+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hop up exhaust pipe review Feedback????

tdrinc1 Guest

Default Hop up exhaust pipe review Feedback????

I am looking to buy the alum hop up exhaust pipe in place of the plastic one but wanted to know if it makes any hp gains? Did anyone try this yet if so your feedback or review would be great. Also what does the alum back plate hop up plug do over the stock does anyone have info????

46u Guest

I would all so like to know about the pipe. If you are talking about the backing plate for the engine I think it is just eye candy. .

Timbob Guest

It probably provides a bit of extra cooling too. The review in RC Mini says the pipe provided the biggest boost in power. Anybody have a really good source for 09 parts?

46u Guest

The best place I found so far is Nitro House but they do not carry the pipe. The only place I have found the pipe so far is on Kyosho site and it is around $75 to $80.

Just took my 09 for a spin the first time I ran it since break in and I hope I am wrong but I think I blew both my diffs out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

t9dragon Guest

Here is a link for the KMI 09 parts. www.shopkyosho.com

46u Guest

Like I said the only place I found the pipe is on Kyosho web site.

Timbob Guest

It's listed at www.rcboyz.com.

46u Guest

I just ordered one.

Wolle Guest

So, is it worth the trouble getting the racing pipe? Somebody must have tried it by now :-)

/Ole

Jerry Guest

Well, never would spend $56 for a pipe for a .09 motor anyways. This little Picco rips without a hop-up pipe. Just lean out the motor a little. Wish it had a high speed and a low speed adjustment. Sorry, couldn't help.

+ Reply to Thread