+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Major Help! Constant clicking and Slowness!

FlareKR Guest

Exclamation Major Help! Constant clicking and Slowness!

Heres the problem:
    I was playing with my Half 8 (all stock) until it ran out of batteries. I decided to changed them and put new ones. Then the problem came. The car kept making this sort of soft clicking sound and went slowly. I held it up to see if it would work. For 2 seconds, the wheels would run normal and then, boom, it started the horrible clicking and slow moving wheels. I took it to my local hobby shop to see if they would to fix it. They said the motor didn't work and said something happened with the brushes (forgot either they melted or tangled). So I got a new motor (Kyosho X Speed was best and cheapest I could get) and batterys (SMC 9.6v 1400). AND IT STILL DOES THE SOME THING!
    I think it's the gears but if you know or can suggest something, please post it here.
    It's really not fun to keep a Half8 couped up when everyone on the block laughin at you with Mini Bajas.

Erikie Guest

Can you spin the wheels without the motor freely?
    It could be drive train related.
    Never heard about such a problem before.
    Does it do the same thing when you have your car in the hand and then push the throttle? If so then your slipper could also be the source.
    If another motor gives the same trouble then at least you can rule out that one. One other option could be that you fried your ESC ...

FlareKR Guest

Default Answers to Questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Erikie View Post
    Can you spin the wheels without the motor freely?
    Yes.
    Does it do the same thing when you have your car in the hand and then push the throttle? If so then your slipper could also be the source....
    Yes it does that
    If another motor gives the same trouble then at least you can rule out that one. One other option could be that you fried your ESC ...
    Does it really have to be the ESC? I never felt it hot after long runs.
    I just really hope it's the slipper cause I don't have enough money now to get an ESC, my bro just bought himself a Team Losi Mini Baja (one more laughing matter).

Erikie Guest

Did you try to connect a power source directly to the motor without the ESC? The motor will then run at high speed better hold it carefully or do it with your brother.
    If that works fine then your ESC is probably fried.

FlareKR Guest

Did you try to connect a power source directly to the motor without the ESC?
    How do I do that?

Erikie Guest

take the leads from the motor and decouple them from the esc, then hold the wires from the motor directly to the plug of the battery pack.
    or take a 9v battery and hold the plugs of the motor on that one.

FlareKR Guest

Smile All's ok

Found the answer to my problem. The both batteries where garbage, I got a new rechargeable battery now all is working fine. Thanks for your effort tough, I apreciate the wonderful help in this forum (if only it wasn't as quiet but o well)

Erikie Guest

That is good to hear.
    If you want to see a more visited forum take a look at www.uk-microrc.co.uk
    there is also a mini inferno section with a lot of good and up to date information.

Erik

+ Reply to Thread