+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Person here

FlareKR Guest

Default New Person here

'Sup?
    I'm new to this forum. I've been searching for a forum like this for a long time, and finally found this one. A bit about me.
    Me and my bro got a the Kyosho Mini Inferno for Christmas. We've been looking at it for some time before that and finally got it. It runs well and has plently of space to roam (and competition around the block). Problem is, the competition on the block is, well faster, and bigger,mostly Carisma's and worst and most annoying, Traxxas (which are a heck faster). Few questions tough.

1. Whats a good, low budget rechargeable battery for the Half 8 (yeah forgot to mention, it's stock)?

2. What's the best low budget motor for it?

3. Anything else I can add to try and beat a Traxxas?

4. Is it usally queit in this forum?
    Thanks.

FlareKR Guest

Uhhh, anyone there?
    Edit: Ok maybe a new gears too, all cumulative to less than $50.
    Last edited by FlareKR; 01-21-2008 at 01:31 PM.

Four8s Guest

1. At first I had cheap 2500mAh AAs from Walmart when I was running with the stock ESC/Rx. They were good for more than 20min runtime. After that I got THESE 8cells. Run time went down to about 10min but torque and top speed was awesome compared to the 6 AAs. After a while the stock electronics got screwed up because they cant handle the 9.6v+ an 8cell pushes. THESE are a better choice for stock electronics. You can use THESE 8cells with stock electronics because they come with a Battery Protection Unit but they are pricey and you have to change the plugs.

2. Cant speak from experience when it comes to just installing a hotter motor, because I swapped the stock electronics with a brushless system. BTW if you swap the esc and rx, youll also have to get a new servo.

3. Traxxas what? My H8 with a WRAITH/QUARK on 3s smokes My 5.5 GTB Stampede. You have a hard time beating one of their 3.3 MTs even if you spend alot of money. Anything else with a 3.3 engine, theres no chance.

4. Unfortunately yes

As for gears, im guesing you mean diffs. Atomic type2 diffs seem to be the most popular ball diffs. Since I diddnt know anything about ball diffs, I wore out up my F&R ball diffs within a few packs so I reinstalled my stock diffs. Supprisingly theyve heldup under BL power eversince with only one application of heavy grease. A stock diff on my sons H8 got stripped because I forgot to put grease on them. I replaced that with a ST Diff and theyre also holding up well under BL power and 6 cells. As for the slipper, Ive installed a Atomic hard slipper pad and it seems to give me the same performance as roughing up the stock washer with some corse sandpaper. You can lock the slipper by glueing the two halfs together or you can buy Derlin one piece gears. I perfer the insurance a having a slipper affords.

For my first hopups for under 50 bucks Id go For shocks and new batterys.

FlareKR Guest

Smile Thanks Four8s!

Thanks alot Four8's . You really helped me there finding some good parts to add to my Half8. Probably I'm gonna get some of those things as soon as possible.

Four8s Guest

Cool. Here are some places I get my parts from:

shop.TINYRC.com
    The Toyz
    RCXmini
    Daves Mini Hobby Shop

Have Fun!

legacy_gt Guest

http://www.uk-microrc.co.uk/forum/in...?showforum=179

check out the half 8 uk forum :-)

+ Reply to Thread