+ Reply to Thread

Thread: best lipo with stock motor

oakland Guest

Default best lipo with stock motor

What is the best lipo to use on stock motor? Going to change the stock in time but not soon.

DJBALLEN Guest

http://www.maxamps.com/proddetail.ph...-Saddle&cat=13

This is the best li-po for the stock location. But I dont think the stock motor will last very long with it. Plus the stock ESC doesnt have a low volt cut off.If you discharge a Li-po below 3 volts per cell you will destroy the battery. So I wouldn''t go li-po till you get a ESC that has one like a Mamba-25 or a Quark-33 and if you do that you will have to get a new motor. I would sugest a wraith 7k or a AON 4900.

morati Guest

Yes, the MaxAmps ones are surely the best but they are also VERY pricey. For an application like the Mini Inferno, all you need is these.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/7-4v-15c-LiPo-Ba...QQcmdZViewItemYou'll need 2 hooked up in parallel for the MI.
    I have both and cannot tell the difference.

oakland Guest

Default so i need to wait

So i need to wait till i get conversion kit to add all this. There is not all the room to add this in stock frame. That bits.

morati Guest

No, those lipos should fit in the stock compartment. They measure approx. 32mm x 52mm x 16mm which is about the same as a NiMH 6-cell saddle pack.
    I have run them with a stock motor without a cutoff. When they approach 3v per cell you can really tell as performance drops off sharply. Been running
    Lipo's since they were introduced and never had a problem. Get yourself a decent charger though like and Ice or a Hyperion and you'll be set.......

Briggs N Stratton Guest

go 4 a 1200 6 pack

+ Reply to Thread