+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: upgrades to stock inferno st

oakland Guest

Default upgrades to stock inferno st

Hi all new to group. Just got a inferno st that is stock. Want to upgrade motor,esc etc.. I heard of people putting gp 1300 batteries in with stock motor and it goes fast. I was thinking mamba motor but not sure. Want this for running in the winter time on indoor carpet track.

Have other rc cars/trucks but want something good for jumps on carpet.

Thanks for the help

msteiner0539 Guest

Hey bud, welcome (even though i am quite the noob on here too).
    There are a lot of things that need to be done to mod the H8 to a full racer. The best, most informative thread or read i have ever read was here;
    http://www.uk-microrc.co.uk/forum/in...showtopic=9358
    he uses the KMRC Graphite Chassis (compatible with the ST) As a matter of fact, i am looking for one myself. It gets rid of the main problem with this mini, the center slipper diff... You will also need oil shocks, a new servo (HS65mg is best choice for the money), alum shock towers, new RX/TX (for brushless) I have a Mamba 6800 comp package for sale, brand new, run once for 5mins if you want it, though they do get kind of hot for the H8 (is a 180 size can motor).
    you will also need new front and rear ball diffs (atomic II are best).
    I am in the process of Hopping up my H8, and beleive me, it is expensive, but great fun... Even just modding the thing! Other things you will need, is patience, as well as some $$$... But from what i have read, and seen, this is the best Mini out there, once completed, and finely tuned....
    Good luck, and seeing as we are in the same place (modding our H8's) let me know if you need any other advice, or hints.
    Regards,
    M

morati Guest

Clearly the MIhas the most potential out of all the Micros. I have had the Vendetta (Buggy Version), the RC18T/B the Mini T and a road going M18. Quality wise the Xray stuff is hard to beat. The MI is sure to give you the biggest headaches trying to make the drivetrain reliable. When it runs, it is AWESOME!
    PS. Do not spend alot of $ on useless aluminum parts that will just make your vehicle heavy. Get the Al. front shock tower, 22 degree C-hubs and a KM-RC chassis and go from there......

oakland Guest

Default Found website for KMRC chassis

M,

Was looking this morning for kmrc chassis. This is what i found. http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...il.asp?id=6233

Found it like for $100 dollors plus shipping. Hope this works out.
    What company for oil shocks ? shock towers who? What is
    RX/TX ? Have a mamba in one of my other cars want to slow this one down. Been hearing about avon motor. Are they any good? Thanks for the help

o

oakland Guest

Default found this also for chassis

Speed Tech R/C
    701 S. San Gabriel Blvd., #B
    San Gabriel, CA 91776
    (626)237-0807
    www.speedtechrc.com

Will try number and see if we can get it in the states.

msteiner0539 Guest

Speedtech is out of stock. I sent the KM group an email, and they dont know when they will get more. Morati was kind enough to send me an Ebay link (guys has 7 available)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=011
    I went with 3Racing Shocks, and shock towers (love them) all bought from Ebay... Fav seller on there is a store called The Toyz. Great stuff, great service, fast shipping, and good prices... You can also look up 3RAcing on EBay, and see all the stuff they have, good quality, and not too pricey...
    Have fun brother... and let me know if you need anything else...

M

msteiner0539 Guest

Also, and RX/TX is a Radio and receiver.
    Best place for brushless power systems is www.b-p-p.com
    Troy there is a great guy.

-M

oakland Guest

Default what motor

m,

what motor are you going to use? Want to put something good that will handly good but not overpowering on carpet track.

Mitch

msteiner0539 Guest

To be honest, i want power... Lots of torque. I plan on running outdoors, on hard packed dirt, or street/grass bashing. So i dont really know what would be best for you. I know the Wraith 7k is one of the faves out there for MI drivers.... Lots of speed, and great torque. I tried to order one, but Troy didnt have any, so i took the Align 430.. (Huge torque..BUggy will wheelie from a stand still with full throttle).. I also like it cause it is big. Can fit regular 1/10 size pinions. On the B-P-P.com web site, he says it is the best fit for the MI. You will need a stronger esc than the Mamba, like the Quark pro car (33 amp). I had my Mamba 6800 in it last night, and hit around 40mph, with 13t pinion, 8cell NiMh... (Tightened slipper ALL the way)... The Align will be quicker than that... From what i've heard (Right Morati!!>? LOL)
    Where you located?? Are you actually in Oakland (as your name suggests?)

M

oakland Guest

Default about me

I am not in oakland. I am a BIG OAKLAND RAIDER FAN. I know they are having a bad season. They are doing better then last year. I live in indiana. Not a colt fan but tease them just the same.

oakland

+ Reply to Thread