+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: mamba 6800, or wraith 7k

msteiner0539 Guest

Default mamba 6800, or wraith 7k

Hi guys,

Just bought mini inferno (havent even received it yet). Also bought new oil shocks, front, rear and main ball diffs from 3racing, JR XR2 RX/TX, HItec hs55 servo, and also the mamba comp x combo (25esc/6800Bl motor)....but then i heard and read it over heats in the MI, so i also bought the bigger wraith 7k. Havent heard much about it. Do you think i shouldnt even bother putting in the 6800? and go straight to the wraith, or vice versa? I know the MI is kinda heavy, but i hope to hop it up enough to make it a lot lighter.... any suggestions guys???
    Also, any other tips would be greatly appreciated too... I also purchased an 8 cell Nimah battery from bpp...Wll this have enought to power either motor?

Thanks,
    M

Erikie Guest

If you really want to make your MI lighter I would recommend to use a LIPO instead of NiMH batteries. It is very easy to shave of 10% of the weight of your car with a lipo.
    Also check out this thread from frogger on: http://www.uk-microrc.co.uk/forum/in...showtopic=9358
    It contains all the info you need and more.
    I would call it the All I want to Know About Mini Inferno and More

Good luck with your car, it is a great toy!

Erik

Four8s Guest

Dont bother installing the 6800. I say get what you can for it if its used, or return it if you can and just get the esc.

morati Guest

Your 3Racing drivetrain will NOT handle the abuse of an 8-cell NiMH or 3-cell lipo and Wraith motor.
    You WILL end up breaking alot of parts. Best thing you can do is ditch the stock chassis in favour of a KM-RC unit which ditches the center diff and adds a High Quality center slipper. From there, the list of mods goes on and on and ...............Are you gonna race or bash it?

msteiner0539 Guest

I'd like to do both. For now, just bash (i live in a condo, and have a huge underground parking area, just witing for me to bash!!), but when the season starts again, i will definitly be out there racing. So you dont think the 3racing diffs will hold up??? I have been watching a chassis on ebay, with a buy it now price of 139 + 13 for shipping...is that a good deal?? Do you know of anywhere i could get it for cheaper?
    thanks,
    M

morati Guest

Quote Originally Posted by msteiner0539
    I'd like to do both. For now, just bash (i live in a condo, and have a huge underground parking area, just witing for me to bash!!), but when the season starts again, i will definitly be out there racing. So you dont think the 3racing diffs will hold up??? I have been watching a chassis on ebay, with a buy it now price of 139 + 13 for shipping...is that a good deal?? Do you know of anywhere i could get it for cheaper?
    thanks,
    M
    I had a regular Mini Inferno with the 3R diffs and it lasted about 1 battery pack. I tried the ST diffs which are plastic with fluid inside and sometimes they would last 5-6 packs. The 09 diffs are installed in my MI currently and SOMETIMES they hold but I have already destroyed a couple of sets of those as well running on only a 2-cell lipo. This car is FINICKY to the extreme. I just bought a set of the Atomic Ball-diff 2's but have not run the car as it is undergoing another complete teardown and rebuild. KM-RC sells the chassis you are looking for a little less at $133 + ?shipping. You can find it here...
    http://www.km-rc.com/oscommerce/cata...2b178a9c852aae
    If you have not already bought the MI then I would strongly suggest you buy the Duratrax Vendetta ST as it is Much more reliable. If you wanna spend $ and do alot of mods and enjoy tuning, then get the MI with KM-RC chassis. When it works, it is absolutely AWESOME! Nothing else, not even 1/10th scale buggies will jump as well as this thing! Just my opinion though....

morati Guest

Here's how mine looks before the current rebuild. The shaft on my Wraith motor broke so I put in a VR3 motor for one outing but it was too slow , so I installed my Hyperion 6000kv motor (still too slow) until I can pick up another Wraith or the new Novak Mongoose comes out.
    http://www.one18th.com/GetGallery15959.htm

Four8s Guest

Will the KMC Center Housing Kit work with a stock chassis or just with the KMC main chassis?

morati Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Four8s
    Will the KMC Center Housing Kit work with a stock chassis or just with the KMC main chassis?
    Mmm, good question and it has been asked several times......I have never tried it, but I guess anything can be modded to fit if you have the skills and tools to do the job. I think the entire center housing kit with all the needed parts would cost around $90. For an extra $40 you get the entire chassis kit.

Four8s Guest

The center housing kit comes with; Main Gear, Center Housing Cover, and Centrer Under Plates A and B. What else is needed?

+ Reply to Thread