+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Going to buy a Mini Inferno ST

MDP Guest

Default Going to buy a Mini Inferno ST

Hey people, im new to the rc world, i have a micro-t but want to buy a kyosho mini inferno St.

I want to go brushless but i don't know what else to get.

-wraith 7k motor with quark 33

Is it considered to get a better battery than stock and is there any other requirements that i should get?

Thanks

morati Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MDP
    Hey people, im new to the rc world, i have a micro-t but want to buy a kyosho mini inferno St.

I want to go brushless but i don't know what else to get.

-wraith 7k motor with quark 33

Is it considered to get a better battery than stock and is there any other requirements that i should get?

Thanks
    If this is your first R/C vehcile besides the Micro T then my advice would be to buy something else that is more reliable. If you put a Wraith/Quark combo in an ST, your drivetrain will disintegrate within the first fifteen minutes of driving it and you will get mad and never buy another R/C vehicle. Seriously, look into an RC18T as they are bulletproof with minimal mods, easier to get parts for and cheaper! I've owned two wildly modded MI's (still have one) and have probably dumped over $1000 into them and they still break almost every time I drive or race them. For me, they have been the MOST fragile R/C I have ever owned. Another suggestion if you are planning only to race it would be to get a Duratrax Vendetta or Vendetta ST. It makes a better racer than the RC18T IMO. Good Luck!

http://www.one18th.com/GetGallery15959.htm

Migs Guest

Quote Originally Posted by morati
    If this is your first R/C vehcile besides the Micro T then my advice would be to buy something else that is more reliable. If you put a Wraith/Quark combo in an ST, your drivetrain will disintegrate within the first fifteen minutes of driving it and you will get mad and never buy another R/C vehicle. Seriously, look into an RC18T as they are bulletproof with minimal mods, easier to get parts for and cheaper! I've owned two wildly modded MI's (still have one) and have probably dumped over $1000 into them and they still break almost every time I drive or race them. For me, they have been the MOST fragile R/C I have ever owned. Another suggestion if you are planning only to race it would be to get a Duratrax Vendetta or Vendetta ST. It makes a better racer than the RC18T IMO. Good Luck!

http://www.one18th.com/GetGallery15959.htm

I'll have to agree with Morati on this. You'll end up putting some serious money into your Half8, especially if you end up going with a Quark/Wraith combo. I've been there, done that... so has Morati and a few others here in this forum. I also agree that you'd be better off getting an RC18 or Vendetta. Cheaper to maintain, more durable, etc...

+ Reply to Thread