+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pinions with B/L

Turps Guest

Default Pinions with B/L

What pinions are people running?
    I have a Quark33 and wraith7k. And they are doing nasty things to those plastic gears. I have since gotten atomic Metal slipper gears. These seem good so far. But I have since stripped a metal pinion.
    I think it was a 12-14t. I am thinking that this is just to small for that much power. But I not sure of going to 15+t as it will just be to fast.

I have ordered some replacement pinions but there only 12 and 13t. And will see how I go.

frogger Guest

I'm now running a 16T on my KMRC Inferno (which doesn't have the centre slipper/diff anymore). I use a Permax motor and either Quark or Tekin ESC.

It's a heavy car and so a fast motor with a bigger pinion actually slows down the acceleration a bit (but has a lot of top speed). If you are just bashing around or even racing it it should be fine as long as you set your throttle curve to be negative on your transmitter and the soft setting on the Quark.

Turps Guest

its no good now. I was using a team associated 12t or 14t. Cant remember will have to have a look at packet. But anyway I sheared the motor shaft of the motor. So I emailed BPP to see if I can get a warranty job on it. As the thing has had bugger all use.

+ Reply to Thread