+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: carbon fiber chassis.

hated1racing Guest

Default carbon fiber chassis.

i want one. are their any available or going to be available?

...Hated that would be KEWL I would really like one but personally I would be worried about crashing it and breaking...I mean I am one of the first people on the planet to bend the CAW towers I am one of the best bashers in know...

...Maybe we could combine forces so to say and line the carbon belly with an aluminium piece ?

Crunch Guest

I'm sure a CF chassis is in the works from someone as the weight issue is one of the main focus of this buggy.

Also, if I remember correctly, the chassis is flat with no humps or anything with the exception of the F/R diff areas. Should be a simple and straight forward design.

...yeah it should be reasonably straightforward...maybe the guys who did the 18T chassis, Holeshot Engineering will do one for us...They do some drop-dead sexy looking parts for the 1:8 777 and also some nice truggy conversions too...

ixlr8 Guest

i dont think a grphite chassis would be cool WHY?we are forgeting the whole point of the mp777 orginal if you want a hadcore takeanything you throw at it a graphite chassis wont last AT ALL so why would it be different for the mini inferno in other words i will be getting one of these when my LHS starts carrying parts again but a 3racing chassis or somthing would be to beakable but with all the braces maybe not but in my opinion i will leave my chassis stock UNLESS vantage make a molded chassis then i will think about it or maybe a non woven graphite chassis

WhoMe Guest

Those molded woven graphite parts that Vantage is making are very nice. Would i like to see that in a half eight chassis?...Sure why not..just not soo pretty and polished cause Ill get upset once i scratch it. lol What i think MIGHT be cool (and ive said this before) is if somone does a chassis like you see on 1/8 buggies. Middle part is alloy with plastic mud gaurds. I think that would make the chassis suffiently rigid and lighter than an entire aluminum tub.

mOOsE Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ixlr8
    i dont think a grphite chassis would be cool WHY?we are forgeting the whole point of the mp777 orginal if you want a hadcore takeanything you throw at it a graphite chassis wont last AT ALL so why would it be different for the mini inferno in other words i will be getting one of these when my LHS starts carrying parts again but a 3racing chassis or somthing would be to beakable but with all the braces maybe not but in my opinion i will leave my chassis stock UNLESS vantage make a molded chassis then i will think about it or maybe a non woven graphite chassis
    your english teacher should switch careers. just kidding.

BLACKHAWK444 Guest

lol. I think carbon fiber could hold up to it. The main thing would be supporting it. A box of carbon fiber is vitrually industructible, but a single sheet could probably be broken with your own hands.

ixlr8 Guest

i do agree with WHOME alloy center and the the things on the side carbonfiber would be coo

mOOsE Guest

Carbon fiber would be cool looking and strong but It doesn't have the best track record for off-road vehicles. I think a composite graphite version would be sweet though. It would be super stiff and light. You could probably even take out the torque rods on the ends

+ Reply to Thread