+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I Need Some Advice!!!!! Bl Noob Alert!!

hajile97 Guest

Default I Need Some Advice!!!!! Bl Noob Alert!!

Man I am seeking some type of advice for the KMI but this thing is dead everywhere!! I have only found one person on on forum that even responds to any posts...

I need some info on setting up a brushless system. I do not know which one to get. I have a limited bidget and want to know more info than what is posted here or elswhere.....

Options are:

Hyperion 5000kv with Mamba 25 ESC
    Mamba 4800 kv with Mamba 25 ESC
    Permaxx 400/4D with Quark 33
    Wraith 7k with Quark 33

Everyone seems to like the quark and those with other minis like the wraith and the mamba but I cannot seem to get any info on the Hyperion motor.

It was suggested to me by the one guy but he will not respond to anymore of my posts......

I am running the half 8 buggy, all stock for now but I will do all of the needed upgrades and lipo of course...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thomas P Guest

I have used 3-4 Hyperion, dont likem at all, cogg a lot, the front endbell, can get loose etc, open case...

Never tested the Wraith7k, but thts my tip, W7k + a 33Quark Procar model...thats my tip.

frogger Guest

I have run the Wraith 7K with Quark and now run the Permax 400/4D with Quark. There is a tiny bit of cogging at low speeds with the Permax motor but I have not yet played with the Quark's settings and also have just bought some LiPo's which might improve things but haven't run them yet as my transmitter has died so just waiting for the warranty man .

With the Wraith motor I had the Quark get very hot and cut out with certain gear ratio's. The Permax seems much better suited and can be geared to rediculous ratio's while still running cool. Much prefer the Permax motor for that car.

morati Guest

Quote Originally Posted by frogger
    I have run the Wraith 7K with Quark and now run the Permax 400/4D with Quark. There is a tiny bit of cogging at low speeds with the Permax motor but I have not yet played with the Quark's settings and also have just bought some LiPo's which might improve things but haven't run them yet as my transmitter has died so just waiting for the warranty man .

With the Wraith motor I had the Quark get very hot and cut out with certain gear ratio's. The Permax seems much better suited and can be geared to rediculous ratio's while still running cool. Much prefer the Permax motor for that car.
    I've had the Permax and the Wraith as well. The Permax does indeed run cooler but it also cogged for me. It also never had the speed that the Wraith does. I prefer the Wraith! I think the Permax would be better suited to a heavier vehicle. Just my $.02 worth.......

+ Reply to Thread