+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: My new (used) KM-RC MIST

morati Guest

Quote Originally Posted by frogger
    'the CVD pin that joins the two halves of the CVD together'

I have put blue loctite on them twice now and have lost it again! Also, tonight the pin the goes through the dogbone (that turns the gearbox outdrive) came out and grinded the side of the alloy gearbox to pieces!
    I don't understand this.......You ARE using MIP CVD's right?

frogger Guest

No, I am using Xpede Wide Track CVD's.

Look here

morati Guest

No, I am using Xpede Wide Track CVD's.

Look here
    Thats your problem, my friend!
    Swap them out for a set of MIP's either in regular width (for the MI) or the wide ones for the ST and your pins will no longer fall out on you and they will last twice as long.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Kyosho-Mini-Infe...QQcmdZViewItem

frogger Guest

The wide track CVD's I am running makes the car's wheelbase wider without having to change everything on the car to ST parts (shocks towers, shocks, suspension whishbones, etc.).

It is a standard length CVD with a longer axle and included 1/10 wheel adapter (with extra length threaded axle that protrudes further out of the thicker 1/10 wheel so that your wheel nut fits on properly).

The only problem with them is that they are poorly assembled!

The MIP CVD's are standard length and gives no benefit over the Kyosho CVD's (which i already own) so it would be taking a step back going for narrower CVD's and as mentioned above I don't want to convert the whole buggy to a ST. ST parts are harder to come by.

morati Guest

The wide track CVD's I am running makes the car's wheelbase wider without having to change everything on the car to ST parts (shocks towers, shocks, suspension whishbones, etc.).

It is a standard length CVD with a longer axle and included 1/10 wheel adapter (with extra length threaded axle that protrudes further out of the thicker 1/10 wheel so that your wheel nut fits on properly).

The only problem with them is that they are poorly assembled!

The MIP CVD's are standard length and gives no benefit over the Kyosho CVD's (which i already own) so it would be taking a step back going for narrower CVD's and as mentioned above I don't want to convert the whole buggy to a ST. ST parts are harder to come by.
    Gotcha, but it doesn't sound like its working!

frogger Guest

Tell me about it! If only they would stay together they'd be awesome! I got a second set as spares and I am very glad I did. I would have been stuck without them a few times now. Never mind. One of life's little learning experiences.

Thomas P Guest

Just wanted to say bys, sold my KM-RC for a few days ago, recived app 750+ rtr exept Radio,Rx...

Why?

Have no time @ all for small scale, al time will go on my 1:10 4wd car and 2wd..soon i will be 1:10 Touring to...

Who knows...maye i will return

stay tuned

Thomas P

morati Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas P
    Just wanted to say bys, sold my KM-RC for a few days ago, recived app 750+ rtr exept Radio,Rx...

Why?

Have no time @ all for small scale, al time will go on my 1:10 4wd car and 2wd..soon i will be 1:10 Touring to...

Who knows...maye i will return

stay tuned

Thomas P
    Your wisdom will be missed Thomas!

Thomas P Guest

Morati, i wont be gone, i only ment that i will be out of KM-RC...

frogger Guest

Keep looking in Thomas. I am sure you will miss the KMRC and get back into micro's one way or another

+ Reply to Thread