+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mega Motor Help

kiwihalfeight Guest

Default Mega Motor Help

Can someone please tell me the best Mega Brushless motor for my mini inferno and what pinion to run on it with std gearing.
    Thanks.

frogger Guest

There are 2 that work really well in that car and both can be bought from Bishops (it's a US shop) http://www.b-p-p.com/products.php?cat=36

Get either the Wraith 7K or Permax 400/4D with a Quark33 speedo. I have both and the Permax runs a bit cooler and can be geared lower.

I use delrin centre locked slipper gears and run a 15T or 16T pinion with a 30T delrin gear.

If this is your first brushless motor in this car prepare for spending some money - you will have to get stronger diffs (I use the metal Inferno 09 diffs), metal centre drive shafts, Atomic centre ball diff which is completely locked so the car acts as if it has a solid drive shaft. You will also need an alloy motor mount (as the plastic heats up and allows for movement which strips your gears) and an alloy centre gearbox (I use the Atomic adjustable one which allows delrin gear replacements without removal of the whole gearbox).

Then, the car is going be so quick that you will break knuckles so upgrade those too.

It gets expensive but it's worth it

kiwihalfeight Guest

Default Thanks

Cheers for that. No, its not my first brushless in this car, I'm running a Mamba 2054 with a 12 pinion, I'm using ST diffs which seem to be handling the power ok, Atomic solid center, 3 racing nuckles and drives and Ali engine mount,
    I'm finding the mamba is working to hard and want something with more touque. Over here in New Zealand we are really limited to after market parts and have to buy in from the states.
    I appriciate your info, and you are right.....it is worth getting these things going quick.
    Are you running lipo's ?? If so 2 or 3 cell ??

Thanks Again

frogger Guest

I've just ordered some LiPo's from MaxAmps in the US. They are specially made saddle packs and I think they will be 4s2p in 7.4v configuration at 1720mah with a single balancer tap.

We have our BRCA Micro National race series starting in September in the UK and they only allow a maximum 7.4v on LiPo. I would have loved to get 11.1v packs but as the BRCA series are really aimed at 1/18 scale there have been some rules put in place to make the racing more fair/close and hopefully more exciting!

CrashHDD Guest

Hey Kiwihalfeight

good to see more people from New Zealand with half 8's....i have two H8's and they rock

I'm in the welly area

kiwihalfeight Guest

Default Hawkes Bay

Hi, Yeah I thought they may have taken off abit more here.
    I have a RC18R and 2 Inferno's as well but one has ended up as parts.Im in Hawkes Bay and have a track in my back yard for 1/18 and 1/16ths, if you ever up this way make sure you bring your cars, I have a mate here who races with me at least a couple of times a week. Will send some pictures off the track.

kiwihalfeight Guest

Turps Guest

I am running a wraith7k and the Quark33amp. Well after much cursing, as its easy to strip gears. I have installed some metal atomic slipper gears. So far so good. Only running a 9.6v saddle pack at the moment. But have a 3cell lipo that will be used shortly. Just need to re-charge it as its been sitting for awhile.
    But on the 9.6v, so far running time isnt very long. That could be cos the batt has been sitting for ages though. But it has awesome speed. Launches better than my 1/8 nitro.
    I havent upgraded the F/R diffs yet but have the parts bags for the 09metal gears though, that I got off of ebay.
    And dont worry about not having LHS with mini inferno stuff in stock. As I havent brought anything for my Half8 from them yet. The internet is your friend.

Oh and Kiwi. That is a cool track. Just needs a jump in there somwhere. Other than that very cool.

+ Reply to Thread