+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Malfunctioning radio system

gorbasho Guest

Default Malfunctioning radio system

So I recently put a brushless system into my MIST (Wraith and Quark), and used a Nanodragon Tx and a 27mhz AM Rx from Toyeast. Everything works normally and fine until the car gets about 15-20ft away from the Tx. Then the radio loses control of the car, and the car will continue moving on its own with whatever throttle/steering input it had before losing control, with no way to regain control until moving back close enough to the car. Sometimes it even goes to full throttle by itself when this happens and screams down the road toward inevitable destruction.
    I really have no clue as to what could be causing this, I tried swapping crystals to no avail. I tried the Tx with another set of elecs (stock Nanodragon esc/rx combo) and had no problems, unless the Tx somehow only malfunctions with my brushless elecs and not others. So most likely not the Tx. I have no way of testing out the Rx, its my only one (my others are esc/rx combos).

Any help?

gorbasho Guest

Oh and another quick question. I'm having trouble finding a good location to mount the electronics, mainly the esc.
    I first had it mounted over the servo-

but realized that the lower body would not fit over the Quark.

This is where I have it now-

with the Quark mounted on its side next to the motor. This creates high temperatures in that area though and they heat up pretty fast.

Does anyone have a good mounting setup for the Quark and receiver with a stock, no motor-flip chassis that allows the use of the lower body of the ST? Im planning on getting a cf chassis soon with an upper deck for the electronics but until then, a better mounting setup would be ideal.

Regarding my radio problem, someone said to check the receiver and make sure that the wire was not damaged, and it wasn't. Also said to make sure the wire was not too close to the motor. You can see in the second picture that I routed it around the back side of the receiver which is as far away as it can get. I'm leaning toward a faulty Rx now, fairly sure its not the Tx and it couldnt be the esc/motor as the problem is range-based.
    Very frustrating indeed...

Klon Guest

I am experiencing the exact same problem with an identical setup! Did you resolve this?

+ Reply to Thread