+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Longer wheel shaft needed for 1/10 wheel adapters

markus Guest

Default Longer wheel shaft needed for 1/10 wheel adapters

I purchased the integy 1/10 wheel adapters, but as it turns out, these adapters are so thick that when you put 1/10 wheels on, there is not enough thread left to attach a nut to hold the wheels on. I've tried 3 different sets of 1/10 wheels all with the same problem.

The folks at integy are completely useless and were not able to help me nor even understand the problem. Does someone making longer wheel shafts that i can buy, or does another manufacturer make a better wheel adapter? Surely someone must be using these adapters?

Thanks!

Inferno_noir Guest

I just found these on Dinball, they seem to be a longer shaft than stock according to the blurb provided by Xpede, they say foam tire/plastic wheel combo`s. Im sure other wheels and tires will work equally well. Hopefully these will fix the short threaded section problem your having.

Cheers,
    Inferno_Noir

Four8s Guest

Quote Originally Posted by markus
    I purchased the integy 1/10 wheel adapters, but as it turns out, these adapters are so thick that when you put 1/10 wheels on, there is not enough thread left to attach a nut to hold the wheels on. I've tried 3 different sets of 1/10 wheels all with the same problem. . .
    I thought about cutting the adaptors in half with a dremel and a cutoff wheel.

Four8s Guest

erik_dedobbeleer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by markus
    I purchased the integy 1/10 wheel adapters, but as it turns out, these adapters are so thick that when you put 1/10 wheels on, there is not enough thread left to attach a nut to hold the wheels on. I've tried 3 different sets of 1/10 wheels all with the same problem.

The folks at integy are completely useless and were not able to help me nor even understand the problem. Does someone making longer wheel shafts that i can buy, or does another manufacturer make a better wheel adapter? Surely someone must be using these adapters?

Thanks!
    The original wheels are quite thin where the nut clamps on. Many 1/10th wheels are much thicker in that section. Look around and you'll find suitable rims.
    Or replace all that mini-stuff with plain out 1/10th touring car carriers, bearings and axles. (I've done it, not so hard at all)

+ Reply to Thread