+ Reply to Thread

Thread: is the castle creation's 8000k a bad choice?

Neo_Racer Guest

Default is the castle creation's 8000k a bad choice?

Hi from the uk, thought id register as you guys seem clued up on the half 8's

so my 1st question is....is the castle creation's 8000k motor a bad choice for the half 8? (please be honest, im sure you will)

what would you rekomend?

i got the mamba 25 and the motor i have mentioned,

neo.

Four8s Guest

I dont have a 8k mamba, but everybody says that they are too small for mini infernos. I do have a 6800k, and it runs too hot. Even on only 4 cells. I hear that the 5400s work well. They are all ment for 1/18 applications.

Neo_Racer Guest

the motor you have mentioned? Am i right in thinking it wont give the same performance.

I have seen a few links to the wraith 7000 would that be better suited, with NO issue's of cogging.

My 8000k only does it when it get's hot,

Neo.

Four8s Guest

Yes, I also have a wraith 7k.

The size difference in clear. Disapates heat much better than my mamba motor.

Doesnt run on 4nimh cells.

Wraiths and Aons seem to be the best suited motors for H8s, well at least in this fourm.

Neo_Racer Guest

what do you mean, doesnt run on 4 nimh?

do you have any problems with the wraith 7k at all? and have you tried running it on the mamba 25 esc?

what other options do i have? as you said wraiths and Aons seem popular on this forum?
    Last edited by Neo_Racer; 06-28-2007 at 10:18 PM.

Neo_Racer Guest

well..ive ordered the wraith and Quark 33 from bishop's, i hope it works fine now!!

ill let you know what i think as soon as i get it...

Four8s Guest

Sorry I couldnt give you more info before you made your purchace, but you should be delighted with the Quark/wraith combo. What made you upgrade your ESC too?

Quote Originally Posted by Neo_Racer
    what do you mean, doesnt run on 4 nimh? . . .
    On a 4 cell battery pack (4.8v) It would not run. Im not sure if the quark controllers low voltage cutoffs needs to be set. Either way its just something I guess I diddnt need to mention. Who runs on 4 cells anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Neo_Racer
    do you have any problems with the wraith 7k at all? and have you tried running it on the mamba 25 esc?
    No problems other than the motor being a tight fit because the leads were kinda stiff. Not really a problem. Ive thought about trying out the wraith on the castle25 esc just to make a compairson, but havnt got around to it. Maybe I will when my lipos arrive
    Last edited by Four8s; 06-30-2007 at 03:50 AM.

Neo_Racer Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Four8s
    Sorry I couldnt give you more info before you made your purchace, but you should be delighted with the Quark/wraith combo. What made you upgrade your ESC too?

On a 4 cell battery pack (4.8v) It would not run. Im not sure if the quark controllers low voltage cutoffs needs to be set. Either way its just something I guess I diddnt need to mention. Who runs on 4 cells anyways

No problems other than the motor being a tight fit because the leads were kinda stiff. Not really a problem. Ive thought about trying out the wraith on the castle25 esc just to make a compairson, but havnt got around to it. Maybe I will when my lipos arrive
    i did a bit of hunting round and also troy from bishops rekomended that combo for the half 8,

no real reason for buying the quark other than it will be fitted and stay fitted to the half 8, and then i dont have mess about removing the 25 from my M18 to use it. it did run very hot tho in the half 8, and i guess the heat sink on the quark will aid cooling, and the esc having a case would make it easy to mount into the half 8.

i also need to get the half 8 to run free'er, i'm gonna remove the caps of the bearings and fulsh them out of grease... this should do the job any other ideas?

not only that i have seen a buggy that is very close to the half 8, but runs a single shaft, so i might get that and morph the 2, and invest in a holeshot carbon chasis, should be a good stable combo. but it can start to get very expensive...

the voltage on the quark isnt an issue yet, i dont have lipo's yet.. soon tho

jaejw1 Guest

try out the permax... give it a go.. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_60...tm.htm#6020270 this person had good luck with it,.. and it is the best motor that i have ran in my vendetta.

+ Reply to Thread