+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bearings for ST?

Jeff Guest

Default Bearings for ST?

Im looking on ebay for bearings for my MI, and I see one set(Yeah Racing) for MI and it says complete set 18 bearings. From the same manufacturer, a set for the ST that says complete set but this one has 22 bearings. Most complete sets of bearings for the MI are 22 to 26 pieces. My question is, would there be a difference in set for the ST? Will they all fit a regular MI? Because they are the same price, obviously 22 is better than 18. Any advice would be appreciated. Sorry for the confusion, but what Im really trying to find out is if a set of bearings for an ST will fit the regular SI? Same number, size etc.?
    Last edited by Jeff; 05-27-2007 at 09:49 PM.

Number_8 Guest

I got the Yeah Racing Teflon Sealed ones (does it make a difference), off RCMart, and it fits beautifully, but there is one too many for the slipper shaft and it's missing 2 for the center driveshaft (where the center meets the F/R diff). I would probably go with the 3Racing one for the Buggy if you have a buggy.

Jeff Guest

thanks for the reply. the reason i was looking at the metal shielded bearings was because in the current issue of RC car action it states they are better than rubber or teflon shielded. so are you saying you bought an ST set for a buggy?

Number_8 Guest

Lol what I heard stated that Teflon sealed had the same sealing quality of rubber, but allows the balls inside to spin freely like metal shielded ones. I bought a Yeah Racing Teflon sealed set, but it was not stated weather it was for a buggy or ST. I'm definately not buying from Yeah Racing again, it didn't even include the full set !

+ Reply to Thread