+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How many Nimh do u think?

Lord_Inferno Guest

Default How many Nimh do u think?

I should try?

I have seen people muck around with big amounts of cells with lipo, but no ones really tried nimh in large amounts..

The quark 33a pro can cope with 18volts.

So whats to say i couldn't add a few more cells

What is the usual result from something like that?

The motor i have is a c4 brushless coming in the mail!

Number_8 Guest

The C4 motor is too small for the large weight a Mini Inferno has, and adding NiMH cells only makes that figure go up. A better motor to get would be a Wraith or Aon, because it is a 400 sized motor and has more torque. Also, the Quark is rated that it can take a lot of volts, but sometimes just a tiny thing or fault can happen inside the ESC and for some reason, about $80US will go up in flames. True story happened to my friend with a 4 cell lipo. Good luck with your car though.

008 Guest

Default 8 cell Enigizer2500 mah (52 min run time)

Hey Gentalmen. Im really into scale speed so I run my inferno Stock. I do use shilded bearings in my wheel wells. Im using the stock battery holders which holds 6 batt of coarse and I bought 2 AA battery holder's from radio shack and fused them with the stock battery holder's for a total of eight cells. I am using Enigizer 2500mah batteries this is much cheaper than paying $30 to $40 for 1500mah batt packs and you get much longer drive times. Go to wallmart and you can buy 8 nimh enigizer batt for $22 or there is a new brand of nimh in the camera dept called (Digital concepts AA 2500 mah) and you get 4 batt for $6 and some change and thy work quite good also. For stock running this setup is awsome.Also using deans micro plugs for less resistance.I ran the buggy a few min ago and got a whopping 52 min untill totally dead. The enigizer batt bumped at around 41 or 43 min into the run and still had like 5 min of trail speed.Im going to drop down to 12 or 10 pinion gear to make up for the extra batt weight.I know all about the Aon 4900k brushless setup for crazy speeds and I own the mamba maxx and the mamba micro but somtimes its good to leave a car in scale speeds instead of every car going ballistic speeds.You also save a ton of money too lol lol.I am really enjoying the mini inferno alot .

Lord_Inferno Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 008
    Hey Gentalmen. Im really into scale speed so I run my inferno Stock. I do use shilded bearings in my wheel wells. Im using the stock battery holders which holds 6 batt of coarse and I bought 2 AA battery holder's from radio shack and fused them with the stock battery holder's for a total of eight cells. I am using Enigizer 2500mah batteries this is much cheaper than paying $30 to $40 for 1500mah batt packs and you get much longer drive times. Go to wallmart and you can buy 8 nimh enigizer batt for $22 or there is a new brand of nimh in the camera dept called (Digital concepts AA 2500 mah) and you get 4 batt for $6 and some change and thy work quite good also. For stock running this setup is awsome.Also using deans micro plugs for less resistance.I ran the buggy a few min ago and got a whopping 52 min untill totally dead. The enigizer batt bumped at around 41 or 43 min into the run and still had like 5 min of trail speed.Im going to drop down to 12 or 10 pinion gear to make up for the extra batt weight.I know all about the Aon 4900k brushless setup for crazy speeds and I own the mamba maxx and the mamba micro but somtimes its good to leave a car in scale speeds instead of every car going ballistic speeds.You also save a ton of money too lol lol.I am really enjoying the mini inferno alot .

Hey there,
    I also ran this last week as a test, the acceleration isn't quite as good but it definitely had the runtime. I'd be quite curious to see it with brushless haha.

+ Reply to Thread