+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New guy here with problems

SandmanKC Guest

Default New guy here with problems

I've recently purchased a Mini Inferno, and in my true nature, I'm already upgrading parts. I've got 8 cell battery packs on order, and just got a new motor. It's a Inopo. It's supposed to be a little faster than a kyosho X Speed. I installed it today and ran it for a little bit. Whenever I give it full throttle (in forward or reverse) it just sits there and hesitates. If I give it gradual throttle, it will start to move, then I can eventually give it full throttle.

Is this a problem with the stock ESC not being able to handle the motor? Anything else it might be.

Thanks

static Guest

Lightbulb Repy

Hi, when i first bought my inferno i had the same problem. What is your MaH on the battery if it is lower than 2000 you need to get some 2400+ ones. Your must bear in mind that when you buy new preformence motors they will suck up power so i recemend you buy 2400+batteries.

I assume if he is upgrading to 8 cell he is getting one of the 1200 or 1400 mAh packs commonly available. The voltage on an 8 cell made from individual 2400 NiMHs and an 8 cell 1400 mAh will be the same. he current delivery - discharge rate actually I expect to be a little better on the 1400 mAh because of the types of batteries used. I doubt then the battery is the result of his motor problem.

Unfortunately, I would have to have the motor in my hands to figure out the issue.
    Steve
    AOL Screen Name: SteveR1960 buzz me if you want to chat RC

bezcorp Guest

Default had same problem

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem, 8 cells (intellect 1400's) and an inopo motor.
    its the stock esc, its rubbish, i had a battery protection circuit on and that blew along with the esc (yet people still say you don't need one of these).

Change your electrics, i did and it runs like a dream now, doesn't have to be expensive either, i'm using a full size 1/10 steering servo (justs fits with a lil mod) traxxas reciever and a mtroniks esc, All About £25 off ebay, all new.

pimpsmurf Guest

It is most definately your speed control. I am selling a novak micro GT speed control that can handle any motor on the market. It's on ebay for $20 or something. You would need a reciever to go with it, which I also have on ebay for 99 cents. Look for gamecocksrocks to see my stuff.

The TX I'm selling with the reciever is actually my kyosho TX that came with my mini inferno.

-JNY

+ Reply to Thread