+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stock ESC and High Voltage Batteries

Bozza Guest

Default Stock ESC and High Voltage Batteries

Hi,

This guy on eBay assures me I can use an 11v 2 cell LiPo battery in my stock Half8 and it won't fry my ESC. I've ready elsewhere and advice from my LHS is that anything over 7.2v will kill the ESC.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ARTQ%3 AUK%3A1&viewitem=&item=270112543029&rd=1

Can anyone advice as I've recently purchased the genuine rechargeable battery upgrade with the voltage controller. I've also bought an Integy 9.6v pack with Deans connectors. Before I go chopping things about will these big batteries fry my ESC either now or over time if I use them without the voltage controller.

Also using the genuine rechargeable battery pack and the voltage controller, the voltage controller gets very very hot. Should it do this.

Sorry if this thread should be in the battery forum but I need fedback on the ESC and the battery situation.

Thx
    Bozza (newbie from the UK)

Okay - lots of people routinely run 9.6 without problems on the stock ESC. A few people I have read about have fried them at 9.6. At 11.1, I know people who have had no problems and have read about people who have had problems. My recommendation, go up in voltage and if you have a problem, upgrade your ESC and Tx.
    Steve
    AOL Screen Name: SteveR1960 buzz me if you want to chat RC

crymynal Guest

I ran 9.6v on my stock H8 for a very long time. Never had a problem. I only changed out the stock electronics because I went brushless.

hyb Guest

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Bozza
    Also using the genuine rechargeable battery pack and the voltage controller, the voltage controller gets very very hot. Should it do this.
    Does the speed decrease when using voltage controller?

+ Reply to Thread