+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: New Esc, Reciever, and Servo

Four8s Guest

I got my 2100mAh 3S lipo from TrueRC a while ago and it is awesome . I managed to melt a 3R spur on my first few test runs and then wear out both F&R ball diffs on my next session.

Dropping in the stock F/C/R diffs got me back on track, or should I say parking lot, for more high speed runs. Previously I had posted that the thing was "Screaming", I had no idea. On 3s I was flyin...Well almost. At half throtle the front end lifted off the ground . I lowered the ride hieght in front and added more preload to the rear shocks and the front end would still come up at 3/4 throttle. Looks like I need to add a wing upfront.

I decided to tape a 1oz fishing weight to the front end and try for full-throttle. After a couple 3/4 throttle passes with the front end on the ground I gathered enough confidence to go for it. As I eased the trigger further and further back, the front tires streached and I could see the front end start to hop as the air was pushing under it. Just as I grabbed full throttle, the front left tire blew out.

I was concentrating so hard on making sure that I had enough room to come to a stop and at the same time keep the buggy from going end-o', I diddnt notice that there were a few spectators that had gathered behind me. When the tire blew they all went WOAH! and startled me. I looked over my shoulder for a split second and when I looked back the brakes were locked and I was doing 360's towards a row of cement parking bumpers. I managed to clip the corner of one and that put me in a cartwheel then sent me skidding on my lid for about 20ft. Nothing broken except for a nice scabby looking thing on the body.

Im looking into a 1/10 wheel conversion. When I decide one Im going to belt the tires because even at about 1/3 throttle they balloon so much that theres almost no contact with the pavement.

I work at a Jr High school and occasionally I see this guy run his 5b in the parking lot and fields. One day he came and I had my H8 in my truck so I took it out and started meandering around the parking lot. He came over and we challanged each other to a drag race. 1-2-3 GO! . . . I was gone, he was 50ft back still reving trying to get his rpms up.

BRUSHLESS RULES!
    Last edited by Four8s; 07-19-2007 at 07:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread