+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Esc, Reciever, and Servo

Wow, I just realzed that I will be going through a stock and 2 brushless setups in less than two months.
    LOL - quite the exspensive hobby - at least it is for me. Too much stuff to have fun tinkering with.
    Steve
    AOL Screen Name: SteveR1960 buzz me if you want to chat RC

Four8s Guest

Exactly! Too much stuff to tinker with and not enough time.

Four8s Guest

I received my Wraith/Quark and am almost finished with the install . I just need to run to the LHS to pick up some powerpoles for the battery leads.

The motor mount holes on the can are positioned so that the leads on the other end hit the steering mount. I had to bend the leads back against the endbell. Kinda worried me doing this since the solder towards the end of the leads make the wire stiff. It felt like I was going to break something. Is there anyway to remove the endbell so that I can reposition the motor mounting holes?

Also I transplanted the Mamba/6800 into my sons H8. I limited him to 4 cells until he hones his driving skills a bit. I thought 4 cells would keep temps low but motor temps are still high. ESC and batterys are still ok though. Havent tried installing a larger pinion yet. Should pick up 12t while Im at the shop. Id say that the mamba on 4cells and 10t is almost as fast as the stock motor and pinion on 8cells

Had a problem with the initial programming of the Quark esc. I was about to shoot quark an email about my problem then I got the idea of toping off the battery pack I had it connected to. The pack took a full charge and after hooking it back up to the esc, the programming went smoothly. I think the esc was able to sense the low voltage and denied any further action .
    Last edited by Four8s; 05-07-2007 at 06:24 PM.

Four8s Guest

Here She Is.

Last edited by Four8s; 05-07-2007 at 06:37 PM.

Four8s Guest

And My Sons

Last edited by Four8s; 05-07-2007 at 06:38 PM.

Four8s Guest

Do you see the connection between the Wraith and Quark leads? When I added the heat shrink it shrunk back to reveal about 1mm–2mm of connector. Should I redo the heat shrink or will It be fine as is?

JasonH Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Four8s
    Do you see the connection between the Wraith and Quark leads? When I added the heat shrink it shrunk back to reveal about 1mm–2mm of connector. Should I redo the heat shrink or will It be fine as is?
    It's probably fine. They're not going to contact each other or anything else to get them to short so I can't imagine you having a problem because of it.

Four8s Guest

Motor/ESC runs too hot. Batteries are warm. I have tranny issues so that may be straining the motor.

I could only give about 1/3 throttle before the wheels would break loose in the dirt , even if I did roll on the throttle.

Number_8 Guest

Could you tell me how this runs? I was looking into a Wraith and a Quark but my track is kinda small so thats why I'm running a 5400 now. Also what connectors are you using, they don't look much like Deans lol.

He is showing Powerpole connectors.
    Steve
    AOL Screen Name: SteveR1960 buzz me if you want to chat RC

+ Reply to Thread