+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: tires, tires, tires..

Henry^ Guest

yes, in motocross we just use them under fenders and stuff so the mud dosent stay.

but, maybe try it on the rc to? not a bad idea...

jaejw1 Guest

just spray on,, let set for about 10 minutes and then go ride.. the first initial rpms will be a lil slick but after that you will be fine..

you can also let the tires soak (not literally) overnight or even more and on race day the tire should be nice and soft... that is if you are running on really hard clay or packed dirt or blue groove..

im loving these tires more and more

FHM101 Guest

Spraying down the whole car with wd40 is part of my regular post race cleanup routine. After everything is cleaned, dried, and reassembled I spray everything but the shell with a good coat of wd40 and let it dry. Once it's completely dry you can't even tell it was done, until you start to clean it up next time. I use the All-Mart brand as it's around a buck a can, but it works just as good for douching my cars.

As for ST tires for hard pack, just wear out the stockers and they will hook pretty good. We tried the 3R tires and they are a bit too hard to be much good on our track. Some of the guys have been using cut down mini LST wheels with mini quake pin tires, but a well worn set of stockers still seems to be the best tire for our track since it has been redone and is developing a nice blue groove.

jaejw1 Guest

too bad they dont make crime fighters or holeshots for the ST...

jaejw1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BiGRoB21
    3racing is the only company i know of right now that makes st tires, im shure you could make your own by cutting up a pair of 10th scalers
    has anyone tried this yet? did you have good results?
    im thinkng of using holeshots made for 4wd buggies

jaejw1 Guest

if everyone sends an email to proline to make better stronger wheels and better tires like the crime fighters then we might get what we want,,,, takes only 2 minutes guys

jaejw1 Guest

I figured it out,,,,,,,,

buy another set of wheels with tires..... let them soak in acetone ...
    take the tires off and cut only the treads off a nice smooth even cut on both sides.....
    do the same for the m3 buggy holeshots using the kyosho tire as a template,,, and then glue the holeshots tread onto the sidewalls of the kyosho tires.... and then glue back to rim

BiGRoB21 Guest

that was my hole concept of making up my own set . however i have also email'd proline about making some st tires and rims.

jaejw1 Guest

yeah the proline wheels are so much stronger,,,, every set of kyosho wheels I habeas bought have cracked badly,,,, buggy and ST .:. the prolines are the only ones tht havent

jaejw1 Guest

come to think of it,,,, the 3racing wheels are pretty strong also,, alot more than the kyosho

+ Reply to Thread