+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help Wraith/quark33 thermaling

The_Yeti Guest

Default Help Wraith/quark33 thermaling

I have a wraith and quark 33 amp pro combo with 11t pinion in the inferno st. The mesh is good, the batteries are1400 ib's and I cant finish a 5 minute race due to thermaling. I am on a smallish track and not hardly ever using half to full throttle maybe once every 16 seconds for half a second.. I cant find any binding anywhere what can be wrong. I bought this combo since it wasnt supposed to thermal. The motor gets upto maybe 130 degress but the esc gets upto 160-170. Any help will be appreciative

Front diff 7k
    3owt oil
    mip cvd
    kyosho knuckles
    3racing 20 hubs
    center mip ball
    atomic metal slippers scuffed with soft slipper pad

rear 3k
    30 wt

ChrisOFNA Guest

Do you have a center ball diff or a locked center? Maybe you hit the gas and the front tires spin alot.

The_Yeti Guest

mip center ball diff set tight.

Also I never really go past 1/4 throttle excpet for those brief blurps termalled within 3.5 minutes

I dont feel any resitrictions any where. I do have the esc oer the back brace where the batteries are (surely there wouldnt be enough heat from the saddle packs to heat up the esc.

morati Guest

If your motor temps were higher than I would say you have a binding issue somewhere. However 130 degrees F is VERY reasonable. Try to borrow a buddies ESC and see if the same thing happens. If it does, you have binding, if not, then it IS your ESC. Contact whomever you bought it from and let them know. If they won't help, contact Sky & Technology directly.

The_Yeti Guest

I talked to troy at BPP and he said the same thing and sent me out a new quark esc right away without waiting for me to send mine back. WOW what customer service I am so happy I bought my gear from him.

dickdastardly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yeti
    I talked to troy at BPP and he said the same thing and sent me out a new quark esc right away without waiting for me to send mine back. WOW what customer service I am so happy I bought my gear from him.
    so was it a bad ESC????

tanandy09 Guest

So what's the outcome? Problem resolved with the new ESC?

+ Reply to Thread