+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: any plans for a micro inferno ST?

OvaYaHead Guest

Default any plans for a micro inferno ST?

Does anyone know if Kyosho has plans to join the new micro wave. My son is bugging me to order a team losi micro T, but I would rather have a micro mini inferno. I know about mini-z monsters, but it doesn't seem like as much fun as a micro-T.

H8er Guest

Nerp, not as far as Kyosho has publicly released. My guess is that Kyosho has done it's Mini Inferno variant for the year (Half 8 .09, nitro) and that they will rest on their laurels until the micro wave catches on more. So in short, no. But there's always next year...

BTW, whatever you get, don't get an XMod!! Can you say money pit? How about doesn't work? Haha. Anyway, the Mini-Z Monsters are great little trucks. They're meant more for crawling (A micro? Crawling?) than speed (Micro-T).

OvaYaHead Guest

I learned the hard way about xmods. I bought a gen1 with everything for $25, but then blew a bunch on the 2nd gen evo. Now both xmods are sitting in a box for rainy day projects. No matter what I did to the xmods, it could never compare to my ma010's.

The micro T looks like a great platform for modifying.

wartown Guest

These Micro T's are sure to be a big flop. They appear to be little over priced toys. How does anything with about a 1/8 inch ground clearence become an off road truck? I had trouble enough with the mini t and its microscopic screws and parts. The MI inferno is small enough for me but at times is a little harder to work with than my 1/10 and 1/8 scale buggies and trucks. Buyers be ware!

OvaYaHead Guest

Micro T's are not advertises as an "off-road" truck. The advertisement pictures don't even show it going off-road. I think it was meant more for carpet racing and any flat surface. It's not that expensive either, half the price of a MZM and seems more customizable.

H8er Guest

Oh, I'm sorry. I can see how you got confused. Read this

Quote Originally Posted by H8er
    Anyway, the Mini-Z Monsters are great little trucks. They're meant more for crawling
    Make more sense?

Quote Originally Posted by H8er
    Than speed (Micro-T)

wartown Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OvaYaHead
    Micro T's are not advertises as an "off-road" truck. The advertisement pictures don't even show it going off-road. I think it was meant more for carpet racing and any flat surface. It's not that expensive either, half the price of a MZM and seems more customizable.
    Are you kidding me? Look at it! Its a staduim truck! This little thing will get caught up going over a bottle cap.

OvaYaHead Guest

Maybe MZM wheels can be made to fit on it. If I pick up a micro T i'll get you a clip of it trying to get over a bottle cap.

...man that thing is scary small...i would be scared of losing down the back of the ofa between the cushions...You know FOR SURE there will be drunk granparents all over the world standing on those on Xmas Day lol...

...I would really say the MZM is a crawler per se though...its not a racer either though...Quite a different make-up to the Mini T though...

...BTW if anyone wants MZM parts / chassis / modded motors let me know...I have all sorts of weird stuff i have to get rid of...

OvaYaHead Guest

I'm interested. I want to make a frankenstein ma010/mzm with all my extra parts. Do you still have my e-mail address?

+ Reply to Thread