+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2s lipo max on mamba 7700kv?

OvaYaHead Guest

Default 2s lipo max on mamba 7700kv?

On the back of the 540 mamba 7700kv motor it says "2s lipo max". Is that still the max power I can use if I'm running it off a 65a Quark roadster? Will a 3cell lipo instantly kill this motor?

mOOsE Guest

well, thats the max rating for the mamba max esc, which is a 100amp esc. I would say that if the 100amp mamba esc can't handle it, then a 65amp esc would not either

OvaYaHead Guest

sorry, I'm just trying to undertand this better. I am not challenging your knowledge Moose.

Why is it possible to run 3cell lipos through a 35amp esc like the quark 35a?

H8er Guest

Actually, the A rating on an ESC is the minimum A. So if you got a 65A 2S battery, then I guess you could.

pimpsmurf Guest

Definately the ESC's setup, although you don't want a 7700 on a 3 cell anyway. The torque would be completely useless on anything out there and the motor would smoke the magnets.

A 3Cell of the motor down from that (5400?) is pretty insane to begin with. If you are looking for more torque, what the hell for? If you are looking for more topspeed, It's all about the gearing. Gear the sucker up 4-5 knotches and direct solder the motor/esc wires. There is a ton of stuff you can do without trying to start a lipo fire.

-JNY

OvaYaHead Guest

thanks Jny for the recommendation.

I finally read the spec sheet on the mamba max motors. The reason why the 7700 is limited to 2s is because the mamba max motors are only rated to go about 68,000 rpms max.

+ Reply to Thread