+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BitHex

Default BitHex

...I wanted 1:10 rims, and my stock H8 rims were all cracked and beat up...I had some nice dishes i wanted to fit and it was time to throw out the stock ones which had shattered...But i dont have an adaptor...But then again maybe i DO

...Remove your tires...Pull them from the outside edge in...or just cut through them if you arent worried...This mod will destroy your rims but mine were dead anyway...

...Cut through the rim at EACH of the gaps, peel them open and then cut through EACH spline, working your way around the rim like a can opener...

...You should be left with the small CENTER HUB pictured below...

...Cut STRAIGHT DOWN each side of the hub, matching the hex shape IN the hub...They dont need to be perfectly straight, pretty close will be fine...

now you should have a LONG hex..its TOO long...Cutting from the front, make the side where the NUT sits flush...Take all of that crap and chuck it out...So you now should have a SMALL hex...

...Trim this 'BitHex' until it fits nicely into the 12mm hex on your 1:10 rim...Its a PERFECT fit in the hex AND onto the axle...The axle might be a little short so use NON-flanged nuts...Stock SHOULD be OK but i went with some quite low profile red nuts..I tightened them quite a lot to make sure the nut got enough thread...

...You might want to lower the car and your front tires may have TOO much camber...Adjust to how you like it...

...Power up and drive away...Its TOO easy...Whole thing took about 2 hours but i was smoking and watching tv too

WhoMe Guest

DESTRUCTION!...I love it. Great job Bit those are some nice treads.

vindictor67 Guest

Sweet! Way to look "out of the box", Bit. I love this whole "recycle"/"something for nothing" idea!

RURC Guest

Bit,

Damn good work. I am impressed. I have one question....

How the hell did you destroy the rims so fast? I mean, my God, I still have the originl rims for my mod Mini T and they dont look like that.

...I found the plastic to be quite brittle...not like the plastic on a mini t or 18T rim...Plus I told you I was a crappy driver...The rims were what were protecting my servo i think Yeah its a job i am pretty happy with...Means i didnt have to buy new H8 rims OR adaptors

.5x8 Guest

have any pictures of it sitting in the rim? =] i would love to see the finished hex

...the flanged edges you see are just cut straight down in the same shape as a hex...It just looks like a slightly long white hex...cept its a stock 3mm hole wILL try to get some shots for you though...

.5x8 Guest

alright cool!! thanks

vindictor67 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by .5x8
    alright cool!! thanks

Great post!!!

Peace

vindictor

+ Reply to Thread